Question 1 (2 Viewers)

Horsegal98

English *******
HSC
Dooom!

I'm not sure what to say. I left the comprehension to do last and rergretted it. Althought the questions were straight forward, it took me a while to interpret (especially with Texts One And Two). I certainly didn't have that problem in the trials. Because I hadnt predicted to spend more time than I did in the trials, I ran out of time by the last comprehension question and would have only scored about 2/5 for it.

*Head desk*

mgmgmg87

text 1 I also had many journeys that would be easily recognisable and were also symbolic. How's your arm a?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
dilos said:
I did text 3 and 4 (no one seems to have done these two together- arghhh!!). Basically i compared by stating that they were both individual accounts of their journeys (as each journey is unique). One is more general, one is more personal- but they both relate to the responder as text 3 uses aussie slang, australian outback and emotive language, and text 4 is more general (since everyone has been on some kind of a journey, they'd relate to this also).

I'm really wasn't so confident with this section at all :(

How long did you guys right for each question in this section?
I did.

I hated all of the texts though.

pitted

HSC
N/A
i did texts 2 and 3 for e.
i said text 2 was the outcomes of the journey and what happens to the person and
text 3 kinda encompassed what text 2 said
plus this other stuff which i have already forgotten about :$
oh well
ciao

alby

cool duckie
HSC
need more time for q1 (probably about the 3rd time i've posted that lol)
i used text 3&4...just said some bs about them being about phys journeys...

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i didn't like any of the texts they sucked!
i used text three and four
basically because they made more sense to me
then the other two things
i don't think i did that good in this section
but i answered it all so i spose that counts

derek_

HSC
did around 40 minutes for this section and ended up comparing and contrasting text 3 and 4 :>

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i like the symb. of text three "skipping jaunty roll" (skippy) "twisty airbourne roll" (twisties, airoplane jelly)....at least i think i liked that symbolism.........that was symbolism wasn't it?

Dabbu

Near the bush, the beach, the mountains, the river
HSC
Iron woman said:
i like the symb. of text three "skipping jaunty roll" (skippy) "twisty airbourne roll" (twisties, airoplane jelly)....at least i think i liked that symbolism.........that was symbolism wasn't it?
Stop it you're scaring me!
I compared texts 1 and 4 - i forget how, and i don't really care any more.
overall i thought it was a pretty good test (yeah the slides were crappy, didn't even want to talk about two of them)

i sorta just ignored the whole signpost thing cause i wasn't really sure what to say - i figured either mention 'em and do it well, or just pretend they don't exist and the marker wont remember them. sure it probably wont work, but that's too late now.

SpaceMonkey

Frak!
HSC
Ummm I said the dude with the globe on his head in text 1 was a visual metaphor then crapped on about a load of other crap... I hope they think I'm smart.

Was the last text supposed to be a personification of journeys... in that the writer was trying to say journeys are unpredictable like people?

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
I did text 2 and text 4...i dont know if i did them right or not...but i'm hoping! fingers crossed! I personally liked the last question the best...

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
HAhaahha i absolutely laughed my way through section 1!
Mainly because i had that exact lonely planet story (text 3) in a book at home and had read it a week or two ago!
I couldnt believe my luck!!

MAJOR w00T-age!

mikbo

SpaceMonkey said:
Ummm I said the dude with the globe on his head in text 1 was a visual metaphor then crapped on about a load of other crap... I hope they think I'm smart.

Was the last text supposed to be a personification of journeys... in that the writer was trying to say journeys are unpredictable like people?

i also said Steinbeck was personifying the journey in text 4, which enfoced the uncontrollable and unique nature of journeys. i used texts 2 and 4 for the last question.
in text one i said that the fact that the boy's head was replaced with a globe indicated that this was a universal journey - understood by all., did anyone else?

superbird

HSC
i said that the globe symbolizes earths movement towards the future as it travels along the road.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
SpaceMonkey said:
i said that too, i was about to put juxtaposition but seeing as they said mention one i did personification as you could put more in using that.

michaela17 said:
in text one i said that the fact that the boy's head was replaced with a globe indicated that this was a universal journey - understood by all., did anyone else?
Yeah i put that last, said that it symbolises the fact that the concepts of the journey which i have just discussed are universal

For the signposts in 1 and 2 i said it symbolises all the different paths we can take to explore the concept of the journey, eg. images, quotes, extracts yadayadayada. A bit contrived but oh well.

I really hated text 3. they always need to include a super long text!! I pretty much skimmed through it and took out some random techniques wherever i could. And i didn't really have enough time to do the 5 marker which sucks

GromReaper

HSC
I wish I hadn't skipped the last question, but I had to - I'd spent waaay too much time already answering the other questions.

As for the texts, I thought they weren't as bad as they could've been. I didn't like the slideshow though; it seemed like a last minute thing they put in, just to screw with us.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I did the First one and the third. Explained how text three is trivial. It features a humerous look into a specific physical journey and only looks at it from one perspective. It also does not attribute the way that a physical journey can shape the traveller emotionally, physically etc.
Text one uses cliches of different journey types to show the varieties of travel that are available. eg heart, quest, foot, air. It also shows how a journey changes an individually due to the global enlightenment of the traveller (symbolised by the globe).
Can't remember what else I wrote

bak0r

i hate the whole "how does this represent", i always think represent means look for metaphor and symbolism...but there was none...so i was cut

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i used texts 1 and 3.... hmm i liked the picture thingo... i hate so many words to read. its stressful. i cant wait to party.

i noticed the language used in text three... i actually took notice of it.. it had some pretty werid arse lines in there .. i guess thats what english is all about.. so i incorporated some werid lines in my creative writting... i bet jezzmo was real good at creative writting :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)