Question 3 | 4 | 5 (1 Viewer)

S

Shuter

Oh curses, I started writing the first line like an essay then went "no it says discuss, better do it in a dialogue to be safe".

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
But they usually use 'discuss' if they want you to do an essay; they would say write a discussion if they didn't.

Still, at least you wrote something, you'll get marks for that

GromReaper

HSC
I found Section 3 to be quite kind to me - the question fitted nice with all the study I'd done. I was able to get ...most of my notes out in a suprising (for me) 4 pages.

Focus: Physical Journeys
Texts: Peter Skrzynecki's "Immigrants at Central Station, 1951" and "Migrant Hostel"
"The Wind in the Willows"
"Weird Al" Yankovic's "Albuquerque."

Arell

HSC
N/A
I had expected something more to do with gaining a greater understanding. I still used that poin though, saying that it was the journey, and not the arrival the leads to a greater understanding. I don't think the question was as easy to somebody doing an imaginative journey, but thats just my belief.

stanleym

Question 3

was very simple and i did good in it.... ppl shocked by the simplicity of should prepare for the last exam coz that is when they will get u wif the feature articles n stuff there wont be another simple essay n e more prepare for speaches n stuff n enjoy

adrianp

I didnt get the whole not the arrival what was the question saying?

I bascially said that the journey shapes the traveller not the arrival and related it to the rubric and my texts.. hope thats good enough

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i spent an hour on this section and thought.. shit... i gotta do two more sections so i done them and then i had 6 minutes and i said to myself.. should i do my last supp text or not.. i decided to do it.. and as i was writting my brief conclusion i had to write 4 stupid words and they said pens down :(... i wrote 8 pages... i had written 7 pages and i said to myself.. i have one page... so i wrote so small.. i hope u can read it :rolleyes:

ruzha

question 3

OMG! You don't know how happy I was when I read it! The question was exactly like our first assessment task so I already had all the answers and was prepared for it! I was really surprised that the question wasn't harder... I reckon that means that paper2 is going to be tough! Study hard you guys but remember to relax as well! Good luck! Gosh I LOVE my english teacher! Thank You Ms Conway!

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
Let me tell you all a great story.

There was this guy... I'll leave him anonymous... who told me that section III was supposed to be a feature article. Now, despite us practicing for a full 3 terms on writing essays, he SOMEHOW managed to convince himself that the last section was a feature article.

Wait, there's more.

He then says, "If you wrote an essay, you're screwed."

Just for those of you who didn't do too well today. You can always say, there's some dude more fucked than you are.

sylviem

lol yeah we all feel better
many were convinced it was going to be a script for an radio or tv interview of some sort instead of an essay
i liked the question it was very fair but i didnt focus on how through the techniques did the composers explore journey as much as i wanted to, i just kind of named techniques and their effects.... :(

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i so did not agree with that statement its the journey, not the arrival that matters
i wrote a whole page bitching about y i disagree, then wrote three pages one two different texts where the arrival is better then the journey

i know im not going to get good marks for that question . . .
ah well, still got paper two . . .

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
smallcattle said:
The question is saying Journey is more important or the Destination is more important???!!! someone tell me plz.... i hope i didnt misunderstand the question
it was the journey which had more of an impact then the desired destination itself..its the journey, NOT the arrival that matters

coroneos

the question said discuss, but some ppl rkn u have to do the positive + negative.. discuss is provide points for and/or against..

so u can argue one way or the other or both!

Charon.

HSC
N/A
I've seen that exact question before and I've done it about 2 times during the year already so I thought Q3 was piss easy

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah it wasnt too bad -
i did 6 for q1 and finished in half an hour so then i spent 50 mins on my essay and wrote 9 and a bit pages and had 40 mins left to write my creative thingy but i finished with 7mins to go - i felt useless and coz id already done a conclusion to my essay i couldnt really add more without making it messy and confusing the markers

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Board of Studies bureaucracy strikes again!

Instead of asking a good question, they opt for the "We don't even know what this means so it must be good" choice. Either you discuss the statement, or you talk about technique. You can't write a good essay on the statement (which invokes metacognitive debate) yet write a good one on techniques.

And as the arrival is part of the journey, doeesn't that defeat the point of the statement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)