Question 3 |4 | 5 (1 Viewer)

adambra

HSC
Anyone write a bit in first-person? I did in intro and conclusion and a bit, to address the "yourself" part.

gigglepot_jess

2 and a half years to go!
HSC
i rekon the question was 2 broad. there was too much 2 cover. i did bout 4 pages and that is heaps 4 me when my average is 2! lol

i talked about the journey changing your perspectives and changing u and the choices u make. i crapped on tho. put in as many quotes as i could remeber!!

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I was pleased with this question (Inner Journey; Q5), nothing random or out of left field!

HSC
Well, I thought the question sucked a bit for physical journeys.. i can see how it would be good for inner or imaginative.. but it just seemed too.. vague? for physical.. did anyone else do pj and find that?

gorgo31

HSC
It was a good question, and I reckon it'll be a discriminator. Yes, you could apply a "generic" essay, but the references to the question would have to be extensive. It was a very personal question, a lot more explicit that "Journey leads to greater understanding".

elegantly_patty

Concrete boots...
HSC
i despised the imaginative journey because i studied Coleridge...

He discusses the individual! So i merely discussed how my understanding of the concept of imaginative journeys was broadened to comprehend that in these texts (LISWD, Peter Pan, Wind in the Willows) their primary influence is nature and it borders on the discussion of the power of the imagination...

basically nature is inspiration, and evidence of pantheism in coleridge to heighten the imaginative journey and power of imagination... i.e drug induced or narrative children's story with allegorical sentiments for adult readers....

i ignored family and world because i found relating it with my texts was ridiculous....

I wrote one booklet and 3-4 pages in a second one...

Last edited:

Counterfeit

HSC
Talk about ambiguous!

(Q3 Physical)

I always prefer a question to pull apart, not some iffy little one that it really hard to keep focused on.

I wish they had specified a text type, as in the end this question lead to weak responses, there was nothing to argue, nothing to be creative with, BOS what r u doing!! Wheres the challenge?

I think it was a peice of piss, easy, but sooo boring. 1 booklet and 2 pages, nice and relaxed.

I decided to cut out my second related text as because of the lameness of the question my second related text had nothing worth while to add, and no argument to be backed up so it wasn't needed.

I wish they'd say ATLEAST one BOS stimulus, because I had more than 1 stimulus booklet text I would have likes to discuss. I did too much Skrzynecki.

But ITS OVER! Fuck yeah! I will never have to talk about journeys EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER again! YIP!

Im freaking ecstatic!

...sigh, the only worry is since there were no text types specified today modules is probably going to be a real bitch of an exam... no straightforward essays. Damn it!

paris 183

Barbie! don't stereotype
HSC
how many of you used "i" in your essay? do you think that was a main requirement?

rowan brand

DementedDonkey said:
Well, I thought the question sucked a bit for physical journeys.. i can see how it would be good for inner or imaginative.. but it just seemed too.. vague? for physical.. did anyone else do pj and find that?

AMEN TO THAT

Physical journeys i reccon were disadvantaaged. Probably inner too. becuase i did Lionheart and how the hell does a guy who sails around teh world ALONE effect my understanding of myself? PFFTTTT

I found myself talking about concequences of journeys and their effects on teh journeyers and how this can teach us as responders something... weather we be the world or individuals.... yadda ytadda

Imaginitive is more philosphical and gives u more universal themes to deal with.

I did 11 pages and used 2 related (TS Eliot poem and Wizard of Oz )and "the road not taken"

Any other physical ones out there?

consty_87

HSC
I did Inner Journeys, and I agree that the question was too broad. It would have been OK if it had just been the individual and 'yourself', or 'yourself' and the world, or the world and the individual, but not all three together. There was way too much to talk about, especially if you had a text like My Place, but not enough time to discuss it all.

Anyway, I didn't use 'I' at all in the task, since the question seemed to be requesting an exposition, and you never EVER use 'I' in an exposition. Instead, I said that "one's understanding of themself could be expanded...", to show that I could answer the question without breaking the conventions of the exposition text type. There was a question like this a couple of years back in the 'Changing' area of study, were it seemed to want a personal opinion within an exposition. My teacher said that in addition to not using 'I', expositions should be showing your opinion anyway. I could see how you could assume that, and I think that they will have to be lenient on the issue, since the question and the text type did not correspond well. (Then again, maybe they did want 'I', in which case, just ignore everything I have said.)

Jexi

HSC
rowan brand said:
AMEN TO THAT

Physical journeys i reccon were disadvantaaged. Probably inner too. becuase i did Lionheart and how the hell does a guy who sails around teh world ALONE effect my understanding of myself? PFFTTTT

I found myself talking about concequences of journeys and their effects on teh journeyers and how this can teach us as responders something... weather we be the world or individuals.... yadda ytadda

Imaginitive is more philosphical and gives u more universal themes to deal with.

I did 11 pages and used 2 related (TS Eliot poem and Wizard of Oz )and "the road not taken"

Any other physical ones out there?
I kept repeating... "<insert responder's name> illustrates to the responder that <insert consequence of journey>". But yes, during reading time I was like 'ugh...what the HELL do you want MY opinion?!'

I also did TS Eliot poem, The Road Not Taken. My set text was Huck Finn though. So I rambled on about how he learns stuff and through the central characters, the composer conveys <insert journey lessons here> to the responder. I am praying that the markers buy it.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
consty_87 said:
Anyway, I didn't use 'I' at all in the task, since the question seemed to be requesting an exposition, and you never EVER use 'I' in an exposition. Instead, I said that "one's understanding of themself could be expanded...", to show that I could answer the question without breaking the conventions of the exposition text type.
I agree on this point, and undertook a similar strategy. Too late now to argue that anyway! :)

rowan brand

Jexi said:
I kept repeating... "<insert responder's name> illustrates to the responder that <insert consequence of journey>". But yes, during reading time I was like 'ugh...what the HELL do you want MY opinion?!'

I also did TS Eliot poem, The Road Not Taken. My set text was Huck Finn though. So I rambled on about how he learns stuff and through the central characters, the composer conveys <insert journey lessons here> to the responder. I am praying that the markers buy it.

Sounds like u handled it well.

did u do Journey of the Magi By Eliot. It worked really well, with the concequences of their joruney. I found it worked well.

Lionheart is good that it haas pictures maps and diary entries which markers love to see you reffer to... so eyah.... cross fingers.

Jexi

HSC
rowan brand said:
Sounds like u handled it well.

did u do Journey of the Magi By Eliot. It worked really well, with the concequences of their joruney. I found it worked well.

Lionheart is good that it haas pictures maps and diary entries which markers love to see you reffer to... so eyah.... cross fingers.

Yes I did do Journey Of The Magi. It fitted in well. :) I hated Frost though. I just UGH. Did you that he was satisfied with his choice or not satisfied?

Huck Finn has no pictures or maps. Lucky you. Ha, confession, I haven;t even read Huck Finn. o_O But you sound you've done well. They're suckers for techniques. And com'on they're marking in Homebush (think icky environment). Hopefully they should buy it easily.

blue_eye_baby

HSC
DementedDonkey said:

meh, it was alright, i tlaked about how the obstacles/challenges allows the protagonist in each text ( jesse ) grow from experience blah blah...

i didnt fin it that bad the first section is going to let me down tho

god bless rankings :) i think im going to do well fingers crossed

rowan brand

Jexi said:
Yes I did do Journey Of The Magi. It fitted in well. :) I hated Frost though. I just UGH. Did you that he was satisfied with his choice or not satisfied?

Huck Finn has no pictures or maps. Lucky you. Ha, confession, I haven;t even read Huck Finn. o_O But you sound you've done well. They're suckers for techniques. And com'on they're marking in Homebush (think icky environment). Hopefully they should buy it easily.

i think he was satisfied "that has made all the difference". but i more focussed on the lifechanging nature of Frosts decision to become a poet which is told through teh physical jounrey of the walker in teh woods.

U doing advaanced...... gah.... gotta study powerplay harwood and trans (RAGAD/Hamlet)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)