Question about Access Scheme (1 Viewer)

schmeichung

HSC
Does anyone who applied the access scheme has received the letter about the result of the application of the scheme?
I am in oversea now so I am not sure if I got it

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
No results yet, i received a letter of confirmation. I received it on October 15. This is basically what it says:

UAC has received your Educational Access Scheme (EAS) application with the following Educational Disadvantage (ED) code/s for you. (Then lists the codes)

In late december, three universities notify applicants of their eligibility for the university's scheme; they are: University of New South Wales, University of Sydney, University of Technology, Sydney.

schmeichung

HSC
I see thanks
but I remember that my brother applied the EAS last year as well and he received the comfirmation letter whether he successfully applied or not in late november to december
I can really remember the exact time

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
That letter i recceived in october was just to confirm that UAC received the application form. Later this month some unis send letter telling you whether you are eligible. If you are eligible i dont think it guarantees you a place

Lainee

HSC
I just received a letter from USyd that says whether you're successful for not. So check your mailboxes folks, the other unis might be sending out theirs pretty soon as well. It was a bit earlier than expected though, I was expecting to get it after you receive your UAI results. But much better this way, I guess.

BTW the letter head is dated 8 December, so some people might have gotten it yesterday, or tomorrow. So wait at least until tomorrow if you're planning to ring up.

Last edited:

schmeichung

HSC
I am wondering why SydU send you the letter? What if my preferences include UNSW, SydU?
They both will send me a letter?

Lainee

HSC
Each uni has their own EAS scheme - USyd has the Broadway scheme. Probably similar criteria, but it just means that each uni considers your EAS application separately. This means that even if UNSW accepts you for their scheme, USyd could reject you.
If you included UNSW and USyd, then yes, you will get a separate letter from both telling you if you were successful or not.

Lainee

HSC
Just check back here every few days. :) I'ld probably just post here so that more people hear about it and go check their mail, and I hope if other people get theirs first they'll post here too - not that I won't be waiting at the end of my street for the postman from now until January. :)

weibingor

Hueva
HSC
yeh i got mine 2dai as wel. not dat excitn
it jus tels u whetha ur successful or not
so if ur overseas u wun noe unless u chk ur mail box

btw whats ur real name Lainee???

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
received mine today from UNSW

BUT
" ur in the pool of applicant to be considered for entry.... the final selection will be take place in jan and u will b adviced if the outcome of your application to UNSW" =.="

aditya

HSC
yeh i got the acces sceheme letter - like a few days ago... so yeh...

but does anyone know the cutoffs? for the broadway scheme? lainee? do u have any idea on commerce related degrees?

Lainee

HSC
@ aditya - You've just gotten the letter from USyd and UNSW right? Not UTS or Macq?
I've been looking around for the cutoffs for Commerce stuff, but I can't find it anywhere. Try emailing the faculty though, that's how I found out about the Law cutoff before I found that it was also in the booklet :rolleyes:.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey i got accepted for unsw and usyd access scheme

does that mean ill be accepted for mac uni as well (eas application) ??

Sasky

HSC
Apparently MQ will not be sending out any info of confirmation prior to main round offers.

I'm not sure about UTS thou - anyone got any news yet?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Read the damn EAS book, it says that only Syd, NSW and UTS send out confirmation before main round offers, which is annoying because I have two letters of acceptance, for two unis I probably won't get anyway. :rolleyes:

Lainee

HSC
I read it! I really did! I just forgot that only those three unis sent out letters. :p

Damn, I just want all this HSC/UAI/Uni stuff all in one go so I can relax!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)