Question about course preferences (1 Viewer)

dunkie

HSC
Hello. I just want to ask if the UAC preferences are all equally considered despite their order.
For example, I'm putting physiotherapy at WSU as a top preference but I missed out on the 94.80 atar requirement by 0.05, so I'm not sure if I'll get an offer. Im planning to put commerce at UNSW and nursing at UTS as my second and third preferences. That being said, if I don't get into physiotherapy, will the spots in my second and third preferences remain the same, or will they be taken by people who put it as their first preference - hence reducing my chances of getting in.

Thank you :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
From what I know it is by first preference from each uni and if you don’t meet the cut off, it goes down to the next preference

someone can correct me if I am wrong

dunkie

HSC
Oh so we are considered equally for each individual university in order of our preferences? Sorry I still don't rlly understand..

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa is correct. This is because in the event that you are made an offer for your highest eligible preference, it is assumed that you made it into your dream course, which is technically the reason that you placed a particular degree as your highest preference in the first place. It would therefore make sense that you would not be considered for your lower preferences, giving other applicants who wish to be considered for those other degrees a chance at admission.

Given that neither adjustment factors nor the HSC True Reward Early Offer Program are applicable to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy, it is unlikely that you will be made an offer to study this degree if you have not met its ATAR requirement. If this ends up being the case, you will subsequently be considered for UNSW's Bachelor of Commerce. Here, the good thing is that UAC states that if you are not selected for your first preference, you will be considered equally with all other eligible applicants for your second preference and so on. In your case, this means that if you do not end up receiving an offer to the Bachelor of Commerce (hopefully you do receive an offer), you will then be considered for UTS's Bachelor of Nursing.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)