Question about english marking (1 Viewer)

Maddy1012

HSC
Ok, so for all of my assessments i get around 8-11/ 15 which is around a band 4/5 accoridng to the marking guidelines. BUT my concern is that because its only around 65%, does that mean, say this was my HSC exam i am going to get a band 3? or because its in the band 4 marking guidelines ill get a band 4. I dont get it.
Also, i am coming 20th out of 42 at a pretty good school (in top 200) and was wondering what the average band is for english advanced? Could someone coming 20th be able to get a band 4?

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
8-11/ 15 is ok, getting 10+/15 is better, sometimes teachers are marking you hard so that you can do better for your HSC. You are capable of getting band 4 with that rank, its just a position not something that will greatly affect u and determine what kind of band u will get in the HSC. You have enough time to push your rank futher, your trials tend to weigh greatly and can significantly boost your rank, just stay in the top half of the class.

You have enough time to boost your marks so worry about how prepared you are for advanced english. Just refine your assessments because theyre probably essays that you can use and change to adapt to a HSC essay question and just practise past HSC advanced english papers.

good luck, dont worry

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
simple answer to your question in regards to getting band 4 when ranked 20th...definitely...it all depends how well you and your cohort do in the external exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)