Question about gathering information on the option topics (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Im really scared about this one...

Every option topic had this, just want to know what everyone put

For communication I talked about gathering models, diagrams, watching science videos and talked about the strucutre and function in the ear...

Is this what we had to do???

crazylilmonkee

HSC
haha nice pic..
i wrote about gettin info from textbooks, books, the net etc and talking to teacher... i dunno wat was with the analysis of data..

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
talked bout gathering information from secondary sources (books, websites, references, videos, scientific journals)
analysing sources (corrolation of material and summary looking for relevant information and determining any inconsistancies)
reliability of source (just discussed how each soource has its own layer of reliability, how reliability can be increased by getting recent/updated info)
u get the picture
just stuff like that

psycho_mushy

HSC
I'm recycling my notes for posting in future up to boredofstudies.org...

help others!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
haha nice pic..
i wrote about gettin info from textbooks, books, the net etc and talking to teacher... i dunno wat was with the analysis of data..
yeah thats what i wrote - as well as cross referencing the data to make sure its valid..

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Did anybody else actually talk about the relationship between the structure and function of the ear? I didn't feel that my answer could get the full 4 marks so I threw in some brief descriptions. :p

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
Did anybody else actually talk about the relationship between the structure and function of the ear? I didn't feel that my answer could get the full 4 marks so I threw in some brief descriptions. :p
lol yep! did three structures and functions :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by honky tonk
i didnt say anything but i said we observed structures, and then used textbooks and other reputable sources to relate them

s2ophie

HSC
I didn't say what strucures had what functions but i drew a table to say how we tabulated out information. it probably would have helped to fill a little bit of my table in...

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
i didn't mention A THING about the "mammalian ear" in this question........except the ONLY THING i wrote was "for the internet, in the search engine used keywords, eg. ear, mammal, hearing........."
I dun think ull lose marks or not gain marks if u didnt mention, cos in the standards package some ppl didnt mention it.

yvonnesulin

very simply, i thought it was a pretty stupid question!

i just thought, "why the hell would they throw in this question for?" it seemed so pointless to make comments on the research process so i figured, considering the option topic was "communications", it had to relate to it.
might've been wrong, but i went on about the 'actual process' that the brain goes thru to analyse and process information. the [stimulus>receptor>message centre>effector>response]. :D lets just hope i get marks for the rubbish i wrote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)