question about HSC exam. (1 Viewer)

bboyelement

HSC
When the supervisors say 'pens down' and if i have like 2 more sentences to write ... will i lose marks by continuing on writing to finish it off, like in the trials it seemed fine but i was wondering if its possible as the HSC exam rules are more strict. i mean a finished conclusion in way better than an unfinished one, also my english is a little bit too long and i cant seemed to cut it down.

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
nar im pretty sure u have to put ur pen down straight aaway. u might get away with one or two words, but not 2 whole sentences..

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Just keep writing untill the supervisor tells tells you again to stop writing, its not like they are going to cancel you HSC just because of that. It also depends where you are sitting, like someone in the middle will get a bit more leniency than someone right at the front. But max you could probably get is 1 sentence.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
the ppl who watch ur exams arent actually markers. theyre just paid to stand there and watch over us. so they have no authority to take marks off. just scribble those few lines till they are screaming at you to put ur pen down. though i did it in the half yearly and ppl in my yr were angry at me like 'thats so not fair'. who gives a shit you prob wont see them again anyway. just do it.

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
It depends how much guts you've got. Do it if you reckon you can get away with it at the time. I think you could, maybe a sentence? I would lol so hard if they took marks off you though (no offence)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
also depends if u can actually concentrate with the deep exhales of relief and the shuffling of paper, the pens being put down. :p

try it. it won't hurt .. much. lol

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
bboyelement said:
When the supervisors say 'pens down' and if i have like 2 more sentences to write ... will i lose marks by continuing on writing to finish it off, like in the trials it seemed fine but i was wondering if its possible as the HSC exam rules are more strict. i mean a finished conclusion in way better than an unfinished one, also my english is a little bit too long and i cant seemed to cut it down.
Yes you can keep writing until the supervisers tell you to stop the second time.

Datto120

HSC
If at 5 mins too u still have a fair bit to write stop. leave like 10 lines and put everything else in dot points. Then if u still have time go bak and write more. If u go over time the supervisor can write a not on your paper saying you did so and it will be noted by the markers so i would not suggest doing it unless u have 2 words to go!

I did almost a page of dot point for english extended responses coz i run out of time most teachers will suggest it and markers will mark you on teh content in the summarised points too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)