• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question About SAM in regards to English (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, this is just about SAM...

I plan to do Extension II English which is the add-on to Extension 1 English, and Advanced, yeah?

When I just put Extension 2 in SAM with my other subjects, it says that I don't have enough units. I think that is pretty rediculous, because now I don't know what mark I have to achieve for year 12 to get the UAI I want because it seperates it into Advanced, Extension 1 and Extension 2. So what do I do to find out what my total mark needs to be?

J

jhakka

You have to add the marks for Advanced, Extension 1 and Extension 2 seperately, since they are individual courses. If you do four units of English (and you need to put your marks for each unit) you still need to put in results for your other six units.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
this_is___me said:
rediculous
I'm going to make a stand by not pointing out a spelling error, despite the fact that this is in the English Ext2 forums. Yep, no pointing out of spelling mistakes here!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yes, every assessment in English Advanced, Extension 1 & Extension 2 will count towards your HSC to some degree once your term 4 before your HSC year commences. Whether they contribute to your UAI is a whole other kettle of fish.

HSC
kami said:
Yes, every assessment in English Advanced, Extension 1 & Extension 2 will count towards your HSC to some degree once your term 4 before your HSC year commences. Whether they contribute to your UAI is a whole other kettle of fish.
Ahhh don't tell me that! haha! What do you mean, then?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
your HSC is in 2007!!! Year eleven, i can't stress this enough, MEANS NOTHING. YEAR 11 DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR HSC IN ANY WAY. so you can bludge until THE END OF YEAR 11

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
this_is___me said:
Ahhh don't tell me that! haha! What do you mean, then?
I mean basically what my friend tezor here has said, it only starts counting in the term 4 of the year before you sit your HSC ie term 4 next year!

HSC
N/A
kami said:
I mean basically what my friend tezor here has said, it only starts counting in the term 4 of the year before you sit your HSC ie term 4 next year!
*baulks* I didn't even KNOW I wanted to do EE2 until like, a few weeks before Yr 12 subject submission thingo...

Worrying early, much?

Good to think ahead though, I guess.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
heh, i wasn't going to do EE2 as well, but then i dropped physics and i picked it up. Best choice ever. we had to submit an "application form" with our works and stuff but.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)