Question about STAT (1 Viewer)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
As I see it on the website, STAT will be held this month and early next month. However, I noticed something about sitting the STAT exam more than once (which is not allowed).

Does that mean that STAT will be held again later in the year? I want to have the option to choose Pharmacy in USYD should I not get into my preferred course, but at this stage I feel its a bit early to register and pay the entry fee...

domoku

HSC
yes, STAT will be held again later this year - the remaining dates are saturday (21st may), and once more in june. its too late to register for the exam session in may because registration must be 10 days prior to your exam date. so i guess your only choice now is to register for STAT in june... which i suppose makes it easier for you :p

imZerroo

HSC
Is STAT just for Pharmacy?

For medicine, if you don't do too good in UMAT, would they look at your STAT at all?

domoku

HSC
i'm pretty sure STAT is only for entry into pharmacy, along with some other courses (its actually used as an alternate entry into uni for those who don't have a hsc or equivalent).

so yeah.. i don't think its related for entry into med. they'd only judge your performance based on UMAT and your ATAR or WAM/GPA for postgrad med.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Wait... that means that you can only sit for STAT once right? So in other words you can't sit in year 11 then 12 again?

mad-triste

HSC
At Usyd STAT is only for pharmacy and veterinary science. You can sit it more than once, definitely, but you can only sit it once per year. So if you sit it in June 2011 you have to wait until June 2012 to be able to sit it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)