Question about studying HSC texts! (1 Viewer)

copynpaste

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if we were allowed to study prescribed HSC texts in Yr 11, (even if your school isn't going to study that particular text for HSC)?
I have a post-colonial assignment which involves me reading a post-colonial novel, and I am thinking of doing "The Namesake". However, I've only just realised that it is on the prescribed HSC text list so... :/

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I think that should be fine, my teacher mentioned that in our HSC course we can use any other core text as a related but should be of different medium (ie if your core is novel, don't do another novel as a related text).

SuchSmallHands

HSC
You can choose any text at all, even ones which you are studying in the HSC, as a personal related text. So many people have the wrong idea about this, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. As long as your teacher doesn't make a prelim prescribed text the same text as the HSC prescribed text it's fine.

copynpaste

HSC
thank you so much for the replies! :D :D saved me from having to trek to the library again to find a new book, haha. :L

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Should be fine, seeing as it's Year 11 and you won't be studying the text next year.

I'm studying The Namesake right now for Year 12, drop me a PM if you have any questions about the book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)