Question about subjects (1 Viewer)

H A D I

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I will be doing software engineering at UTS, however there are a few courses that interest me that aren't part of it.

Specifically
31262 Introduction to Computer Game Design
31263 Introduction to Computer Game Programming
31241 3D Computer Animation
31104 Programming for Special Effects
31249 Computer Graphics Rendering Techniques
31102 Game Design Studio 1
31103 Game Design Studio 2

Is there any opportunity to take these up? I think they could be squeezed in over a few years across my spring/autumn time tables or is there an opportunity to take them during the summer?

Thanks!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You have electives, might be able to do them/some of them during your elective blocks (providing prerequisites dont become messy). But you wont be doing electives first year. Only some subjects run summer semester, you'll have to check each subject individually.

Btw are you just wanting to take them for fun? There is a games development course at UTS, it's based around Bachelor of Science in IT rather than ICT engineering though.

H A D I

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of the games development course, I am really wanting to do software engineering though.

But basically I will be taking them for fun/out of interest.
As for electives, don't you only get a choice from a select few subjects, or is it open?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of the games development course, I am really wanting to do software engineering though.

But basically I will be taking them for fun/out of interest.
As for electives, don't you only get a choice from a select few subjects, or is it open?
My current course doesn't have electives (combined) so i'm not 100% sure, but i believe there is open electives and "ICT Choice" which is from a select few subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)