Question about UniBar and the Roundhouse (1 Viewer)

arjungamer123

HSC
If you're under 18, are you still allowed in?

Just asking because I turn 18 a few weeks after start of term, so it will majorly suck if I can't enter orientation events + initial meetup sessions between new uni mate at UniBar and w/e.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
You can get in no probs. Events, however are 18+ and they do card people at the bar.

In summary, sucks to be you.

arjungamer123

HSC
You can get in no probs. Events, however are 18+ and they do card people at the bar.

In summary, sucks to be you.
Ahh okay. Thanks for the info. I don't mind not being able to drink for the 20 odd days that I'm there at age 17, I just wanted to make sure that I could be in the atmosphere to meet new people early on in Uni life.:sun:

arjungamer123

HSC
other ppl buy drinks

no one checks sitting down id
Ahh okay, so if you get someone over 18 to buy your round, no one asks questions. Makes sense, I mean thats how it is for my mates and I at restaurants and stuff.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
they start checking ID at around 5/6pm at the parties
get in early, get a 18+ friend to get a stamp
moisten the skin on your wrist and press it against his stamp
then when a seccy comes round just show him the stamp and ask for a new one cos the old ones fading
usually does the trick

HSC
If you're under 18, are you still allowed in?

Just asking because I turn 18 a few weeks after start of term, so it will majorly suck if I can't enter orientation events + initial meetup sessions between new uni mate at UniBar and w/e.
"Question about UniBar and the Roundhouse" - they are the same thing

Yeah during the day you can pretty much roam free throughout unibar and not get ID checked or anything. With O-week they will get their rsa on and check.

During the year you could pretty much have a beer with mates at unibar anyday of the week at happy hour, except for unibar parties. They generally have security guards on from 5 those nights so if you dont have ID youre fucked. Although some people know ways of jumping the gate etc, have seen this work before although has been hilarious when ive seen other people try and get kicked out.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Is it a full bar or do they only server beer/wine?

dawdlex3

HSC
I went in the unibar before I turned 18 before. Just that they might check out if you buy alcholic drinks at the bar.
Usually they don't check you before 6pm if there's no special events/parties going on that day.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
they start checking ID at around 5/6pm at the parties
get in early, get a 18+ friend to get a stamp
moisten the skin on your wrist and press it against his stamp
then when a seccy comes round just show him the stamp and ask for a new one cos the old ones fading
usually does the trick
very interesting.

simon2004

hey arjungamer123 and everyone

there will be all ages night time events during o-week. definitely monday and tuesday night have all ages events during o-week. the rest of the day the unibar/roundhouse has all ages access.

the o-week timetable is at UNSW O-Week 2010: Jump on Board

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)