Question Chain Thread !!! (1 Viewer)

JasonNg1025

HSC
Ok *braces myself*
*Gets a better idea and steals Azreil's whip*

Gosh danz90, Azreil still hasn't noticed, I think, that I've been editing her name in all the quotes from page 33 xD

danz90

HSC
LOL.

I think I better go and do some light reading of notes.

I'll be back soon.

:::a:::

Un******
HSC
HEY, re: Batteries, what are and how many types do you need to know, and what specifically do you need to know about it apart from its construction and half-reactions?

JasonNg1025

HSC
The dot point says it all:

"Gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following:

-Button Cell
-Fuel Cell
-Vanadium redox cell
-Lithium Cell
-Liquid junction photovoltaic cell (e.g. the Gratzel Cell)

in terms of

-Chemistry
-Cost and practicality
-Impact on society
-Environmental impact"

Know either the dry cell or lead-acid cell in full detail... it's been asked on before ;)

Un******
HSC
JasonNg1025 said:
The dot point says it all:

"Gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following:

-Button Cell
-Fuel Cell
-Vanadium redox cell
-Lithium Cell
-Liquid junction photovoltaic cell (e.g. the Gratzel Cell)

in terms of

-Chemistry
-Cost and practicality
-Impact on society
-Environmental impact"

Know either the dry cell or lead-acid cell in full detail... it's been asked on before ;)
cheers man. which did you study (aka which was the easiest to remember?) im thinking ill do dry cell so which is a good battery to compare it with?

JasonNg1025

HSC
:::a::: said:
cheers man. which did you study (aka which was the easiest to remember?) im thinking ill do dry cell so which is a good battery to compare it with?
I do dry cell and mercury oxide button cell. Some like the silver oxide button cell, they're very similar. If you're going to study it now, definitely do a button cell as it's easy and you should be able to get it done by tomorrow ;)

Azreil

HSC
YOU STOLE MY WHIP! D:

Calculate the pH of a substance when 30mL 0.2M NaOH is mixed with 40mL 0.1M H2SO4.

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
Azreil said:
YOU STOLE MY WHIP! D:

Calculate the pH of a substance when 30mL 0.2M NaOH is mixed with 40mL 0.1M H2SO4.
Is it pH = 1.544.. or something similar? I need to get these damn questions right before tomorrow lol

nandayo

ismist
HSC
SkimDawg said:
Is it pH = 1.544.. or something similar? I need to get these damn questions right before tomorrow lol
Think you've calculated the pOH. Pretty sure you take that from 14 and get the final pH which is basic at 12.46, because H2SO4 is the limiting reagent and there are excess OH ions.

HSC
:::a::: said:
Can someone explain this method to me:

Calculate the molar heat of combustion of ethanol

delta H = -m C delta t

m = 300 g (water)
C = 4.18 x10^3 (J/kg)
t = 20.5 degrees

it's from a past hsc and yes, i am stupid.
erm, dont we need to know the mass of ethanol that was burnt?

HSC
eddy11 said:
describe a test to quantitatively measure turbdity
pass light through a water sample and measure the intensity of the light scattered at 90o from the water. It is measured in nephelometic turbidity units, NTU.

(not a very good answer i know...)

Discuss factors that must be considered when using neutralisation reactions to safely minimise damage in chemical spills.

JasonNg1025

HSC
describe a test to quantitatively measure turbdity
You could
Get a piece of white paper, draw a black cross on it. Place this under a calibrated cylinder, and fill with water until the cross disappears. Read the calibrations to determine the amount.

Un******
HSC
JasonNg1025 said:
You could
Get a piece of white paper, draw a black cross on it. Place this under a calibrated cylinder, and fill with water until the cross disappears. Read the calibrations to determine the amount.
similar to a secchi disk, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)