Question in regards to HSC mark and rank within school (1 Viewer)

HowToNoob101

HSC
Hi all, if I have a bad internal school rank (say 20/60), but in the actual HSC I do really well (3/60) would my school rank still be kept at 20th? Or will it move up according to my HSC rank within the school?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
EVERYONE keeps their own exam mark. Period.

Your raw internal mark is moderated to produce the moderated internal mark, with accordance to collective cohort performance in the final exam. You won't necessarily get the 20th highest external mark as your internal, but it will be reflective of the relative gaps between the ranks.

Then of course, your moderated internal mark and your external mark are averaged to produce your final HSC mark.

HowToNoob101

HSC
EVERYONE keeps their own exam mark. Period.

Your raw internal mark is moderated to produce the moderated internal mark, with accordance to collective cohort performance in the final exam. You won't necessarily get the 20th highest external mark as your internal, but it will be reflective of the relative gaps between the ranks.

Then of course, your moderated internal mark and your external mark are averaged to produce your final HSC mark.
I see. I'm wondering about this because for two of my subjects my final rank is in the 10-20s, while my trial ranks are both top 3. Just a bit worried that my final internal rank will affect my atar by a lot.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I see. I'm wondering about this because for two of my subjects my final rank is in the 10-20s, while my trial ranks are both top 3. Just a bit worried that my final internal rank will affect my atar by a lot.
At the end of the day, by the time you stop stressing about what your internal might be, it will be 1 day before the exam. Just do your best, see where it gets you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)