Question on changing courses. (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
I am 50/50 on either Commerce at UNSW or Business at UTS at the moment. I have decided to leave it at Business at UTS for a few reasons. But, if i am half way through a semester in or even a semester or two in and i decide i don't like it can i change into UNSW Commerce second year? Or even drop out completely and pick up UNSW Commerce from scratch in 2008? Or even change after 1 semester?

Basically, if i don't like the course can i change without too much trouble..

hellomike

HSC
It is possible for you to transfer after one semester but you will need to check with UNSW directly and better you ask now. I am assuming you do have a high UAI so if you choose Business at UTS and you don't quite like it and want to go to Commerce, you need to do well if not very well and your transfer in this case will likely be 50% UAI and 50% GPA (teritary marks).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You can transfer after one semester using only your UAI, once you've completed a year's worth of tertiary study then a combination of UAI and tertiary marks will be used. For a more indepth explanation of the latter process, please go here.

Conspirocy

HSC
kami said:
You can transfer after one semester using only your UAI, once you've completed a year's worth of tertiary study then a combination of UAI and tertiary marks will be used. For a more indepth explanation of the latter process, please go here.
if u have the mark to get into unsw com then u can basically transfer after a session pretty easily, and from what i gather the uai need drops a bit

also u should note, they wont accept the courses u did at uts, and u'll have to do ur core subject all over again...u'll be half a year behind --- possibly a year if u change after a year

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
ok is that the same if u did Commerce/Arts @ unsw and transfered to Sydney if you decided you didn't like UNSW?

and can u only transfer after a completed semester?

Ricky09

HSC
kami said:
Awesome. Thanks for that.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Conspirocy said:
also u should note, they wont accept the courses u did at uts, and u'll have to do ur core subject all over again...u'll be half a year behind --- possibly a year if u change after a year
I think you mean some of the subjects as opposed to whole courses.

I'm also not entirely sure why you quoted me...?
shoxgeneration said:
ok is that the same if u did Commerce/Arts @ unsw and transfered to Sydney if you decided you didn't like UNSW?

and can u only transfer after a completed semester?
UAC opens for admissions every semester and you are able to apply at that point to any course offered, however you must have an entire years worth of tertiary study for that to factor into it - any earlier and it is solely based on UAI. So you don't even have to complete your first semester if you wish to change universities, however if you do not complete any subjects then you will not recieve any credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)