Question on ethics (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
Hi
i came across this Q in a trial:

"a) Identify THREE key features of Hindu ethical teachings"

what am i sposed to write? does it mean talk about bioethics, sexual AND environmental? cz i only learnt bio.

OR is it asking to write about three features of BIOETHICS (for eg)-- ie. so i would tk about organ donation, abortion and euthanasia?

the syllabus only said to know one out of bio, sexual and enviro.. so this Q is really confusing me.

and then b) goes on to say:

b) Analyse the ways in which the lives of Hindus are influenced by Hindu ethical teachings in ONE of the following areas:
- Bioethics
- Env ethics
- Sexual ethics

so wth is this asking?? :S :S

ratcher0071

HSC
mathslover said:
Hi

what am i sposed to write? does it mean talk about bioethics, sexual AND environmental? cz i only learnt bio.

OR is it asking to write about three features of BIOETHICS (for eg)-- ie. so i would tk about organ donation, abortion and euthanasia?

the syllabus only said to know one out of bio, sexual and enviro.. so this Q is really confusing me.

and then b) goes on to say:

b) Analyse the ways in which the lives of Hindus are influenced by Hindu ethical teachings in ONE of the following areas:
- Bioethics
- Env ethics
- Sexual ethics

so wth is this asking?? :S :S
I'm not sure abot a) but for b) you have to talk about how bioethics or env ethics or sexual ethics has an impact on the everyday lives of Hindus. How does one of these ethical teachings affect hindus.

mathslover

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
I'm not sure abot a) but for b) you have to talk about how bioethics or env ethics or sexual ethics has an impact on the everyday lives of Hindus. How does one of these ethical teachings affect hindus.
thanks
wat im confused about is the first part. the second part is jus makin me more confused

Jsfrulz

HSC
mathslover said:
Hi

its kind of worded confusingly isn't it...
i think id interpret a) as either asking for three things that ethical teachings are derived from (i dont know about hinduism, but in christianity things like the bible, papal statements, etc).. or three things it brings to Hindu followers.. i.e. gives them rules with which they can use to dictate their moral choices in life. Although if it is meant as the second thing its almost the same as question b).
weird

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
what Trial paper?

ie how old...reads like an old ethics question

eitherway, its badly written...have a look at the marking criteria for teh paper if you have it.
If you dont, throw it as its useless for revision!

mathslover

HSC
snapperhead said:
what Trial paper?

ie how old...reads like an old ethics question

eitherway, its badly written...have a look at the marking criteria for teh paper if you have it.
If you dont, throw it as its useless for revision!
it's a 2008 trial paper that my teacher gave me..
thanks, yeh i wont bother with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)