question on related text: powerplay (1 Viewer)

D

dzzlng_07

i just have a general question about related texts:

since i am doing antony and cleopatra (a play), is it better to choose 2 other supplementaries of different forms of medium (poem, film)?

do you think its a good idea to choose cruel intentions and who's afraid of virginia woolf as supplementary texts? cos they're both films...

also, im scared that cruel intentions doesnt show enough depth..

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

zingerburger

HSC
It's usually better to have texts that are of a different medium. Alot of people do the books "Animal Farm" or "1984", both by George Orwell. I'm personally doing a video game, actually. Some people think it would be hard or stupid to do a video game, but it's all in the delivery of your arguments.

Since I haven't seen either of those films, I wouldn't know if Cruel Intentions is any good as a supplementary. But I have heard of people that have done it. If you don't feel Cruel Intentions is good enough, then don't do it. Just find another text.

Last edited:

Desert Dessert

HSC
Definitely go for different mediums, as a question can specify that sort of thing. It's unlikely, but still, better to be safe than sorry (and also gives you the opportunity to show off a range of analytical abilites)

Creul Intentions is a fantastic text to use. It's a re-write of a classic french novel (so there's your representation and text right there), and there's so many links to A+C. The use of sexual powerplays, the importance of image, the abuse of people to gain power, and the fact that in both plays, the "main" characters triumph through their death.

As for VW - if you really want to use it, but don't want to use two of the same genre, then why don't you consider doing the play version? Similar to the movie, just different medium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)