question on transfering degrees (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
i'm doing e-business and i met the requirements to transfer to B COM ACCG/BBA (my GPA is 3.0), i got the form to transfer, http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/UGStudents/Forms/Degree_Transfer_SHFYR.pdf

under transfer request details, what does "list modules or unit groups for BBA, BSocSc" mean?

also, do i have to go thru UAC again to change or is just sending in the form is enough?

anyway, i cant believe i passed comp115 lol......i pretty much started reading the book 2 days b4 exam :D got CR for econ110 and mktg101, D for stat170^^

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
sending the form is fine... last year didnt need to do anything through uac...
congrats mate, i got 2 pc's and 2 f's...
ich bin not happy

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
my course isnt on that list ... hmmmm

well i have an email from the lady in charge saying i need a gpa of 2 and you can transfer after 1st semester (done 12 credit point thingys)

oh well, hope she is right!

X

xeuyrawp

Orange Juice said:
i got 2 pc's and 2 f's...
ich bin not happy
I hope you're not doing German, because then I can't feel sorry for your fails.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Another question regarding transfers -

If say I complete the requirements of a OTHER degree (while doing my degree) by acquiring the required amount of credit points in related subjects, am I eligible to transfer regardless of my GPA?

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Another question regarding transfers -

If say I complete the requirements of a OTHER degree (while doing my degree) by acquiring the required amount of credit points in related subjects, am I eligible to transfer regardless of my GPA?
No, subjects taken have no bearing on transfers, unless you've displayed great ability in them. Transfers = UAI and GPA requirments.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I hope you're not doing German, because then I can't feel sorry for your fails.
mate ill be either doing german or jap next year though...

but you made me laugh... apreciate it mate... been down since exam results were out...*curses*

X

xeuyrawp

Orange Juice said:
mate ill be either doing german or jap next year though...

but you made me laugh... apreciate it mate... been down since exam results were out...*curses*
Jap is very cool initially. After a while, you'll prefer to commit seppuku than practice more characters.

I'm glad I made you laugh. Don't worry about the marks too much, just learn (and learn from them) and then move on.

yellowbrick said:
Can't believe they actually look at your uai! do u think they'd care more about your gpa or your uai?
Yeah, it stinks. It gives out the wrong message that the UAI is still relevant that long after completing school. Can you believe that graduate (as in the bachelor program you do after completing a previous bachelor one) Law at sydney still relies on 25% of your UAI, and only 75% of your uni marks? It's insane.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Just a note of using the term "Jap", it is demeaning and Japanese is more appropriate.

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Just a note of using the term "Jap", it is demeaning and Japanese is more appropriate.
Are you serious?

If so, I think using the term "bos" is demeaning, and I even think "bored of studies" is the same. I think using "Bored of Studies: Student Community" is more appropriate.

"Jap" was referring to the language itself, not the people (or person) so if it was being demeaning to anything, it was to the language. As a matter of practicality, Jap is a perfectly acceptable term, and until a Japanese person tells me that refering to their language in the abbreviated manner is offending them, I'm not going to stop.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Or use JPN as to referring to the course and subject.

I know your not referring to people but languages, still its like saying bitch in front of children but telling them your referring to dogs. It can be inappropriate no matter what context it is used in.

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Or use JPN as to referring to the course and subject.

I know your not referring to people but languages, still its like saying bitch in front of children but telling them your referring to dogs. It can be inappropriate no matter what context it is used in.
Umm.. You're going way overboard with political correctness, mate.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Umm.. You're going way overboard with political correctness, mate.
Out of curiosity, and i"m saying this in a non aggressive but neutral tone. Do you use the word mate mainly when in arguments?

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Out of curiosity, and i"m saying this in a non aggressive but neutral tone. Do you use the word mate mainly when in arguments?
No? I say it a lot. It's a great word.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
No? I say it a lot. It's a great word.
I just find that in people that I have talked to who usually never say mate often only use it when they are in some sort of argument or disagreement.

But back on topic...

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
I just find that in people that I have talked to who usually never say mate often only use it when they are in some sort of argument or disagreement.

But back on topic...
Oh, no. I was doing it because I've spoken to you before.

This thread's going to get owned by flyin'.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Oh, no. I was doing it because I've spoken to you before.

This thread's going to get owned by flyin'.

Not if we both edit all our posts in this thread so that it stays on topic.

But then again, it gives flyin' something to do. :D

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Not if we both edit all our posts in this thread so that it stays on topic.

But then again, it gives flyin' something to do. :D
Oh that is so tempting.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
sheesh you guys get worked over nothing...

does anyone know whether i have to put in a transfer form if im changing from arts- psych to just arts?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
sheesh you guys get worked over nothing...

does anyone know whether i have to put in a transfer form if im changing from arts- psych to just arts?
the term psych is demeaning for some people. It brings about the notion of psycho. The correct term is psy or psychology :p (100% j/k btw)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)