question...please help (1 Viewer)

HSC
In 1967 the World Health Organization (WHO) started a worldwide campaign to eradicate smallpox. This goal was accomplished in 10 years due in a large part to massive vaccination efforts. The last endemic case of smallpox occurred in Somalia in 1977. On May 8, 1980, the World Health Assembly declared the world free of smallpox.

Evaluate the effectiveness of vaccination programs in preventing the spread and occurrence of common diseases such as small pox.
(worth 6 marks)

please help

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
errr, didn't you answer your own question already? if you rearrange the information given above, and give it a structure appropriate to "evaluate", it's a nice answer.

zingerburger

HSC
You would also include a description of how and why a vaccination works, then use the example given to explain how massive vaccination efforts can stop the spread of diseases.

Remember, "evaluate" means you have to provide a judgement. This means you should say whether vaccination programs are effective or not. Also, provide reasons for your judgement, which is helped by explaining how and why a vaccination works. Once you've done that, it takes a simple bit of common sense to explain how that stops the spread of disease.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
small pox from what i remember i think it was like 1 in 3 people were affected with small pox and basically some guy called jenner produced a vaccine in some year i dont remember and then the WHO implemented EPI (E something i think endemic Psomething Immunisation LOL) which they used like injector guns which allowed them to inject ppl more qjuickly and as a result in 19 whatever, the world was declared free from small pox

judgement blah blah vaccine was effective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)