Question Regarding Ca... (1 Viewer)

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
hi there,
im going into 2nd year commerce and am thinking of doing CA..
i know there are the six steps to becoming a chartered accountant:

For Australian students:
  1. Choose an approved university business or commerce degree
  2. Choose an accounting major
  3. Complete the degree
  4. Work in a Chartered Accountants approved job for 26 weeks
  5. Complete the Chartered Accountants Program and Practical Experience Program
  6. Join the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
...was just wondering for step 4. are the 'chartered accountant approved jobs' just the jobs with the big 4 firms?? or are there other companies that are apporved by CA..if so, could you please tell me which??

and also, does it matter if i worked 26 weeks in a CA approved job thats located overseas?

thanks,
studymon

Pace_T

HSC
theres lots. when youre applying you ask them if they support ca study

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Hi studymon, ill be doing 2nd year commerce too this year and I want to do CA.

Just wondering what subjects are u planning on doing?

Also, I looked at the required subjects the ICAA require us to do, but it means that I can only do one major (Accounting). I will be one subject away from completing my second major (finance) - so I want to know how do I get an extension to take up 6 extra credit points onto my degree? I know that there are a couple of optional courses which I could not do so I can get the finance major, but I would like to do them.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Hi studymon, ill be doing 2nd year commerce too this year and I want to do CA.

Just wondering what subjects are u planning on doing?

Also, I looked at the required subjects the ICAA require us to do, but it means that I can only do one major (Accounting). I will be one subject away from completing my second major (finance) - so I want to know how do I get an extension to take up 6 extra credit points onto my degree? I know that there are a couple of optional courses which I could not do so I can get the finance major, but I would like to do them.
You can do a double major in accounting & finance with qualifications for ICAA. But it just means that you don't have any spare units to muck around with.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...inance-24uoc-per-sem-non-award-enrolment.html

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hi there,
im going into 2nd year commerce and am thinking of doing CA..
i know there are the six steps to becoming a chartered accountant:

For Australian students:
  1. Choose an approved university business or commerce degree
  2. Choose an accounting major
  3. Complete the degree
  4. Work in a Chartered Accountants approved job for 26 weeks
  5. Complete the Chartered Accountants Program and Practical Experience Program
  6. Join the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
...was just wondering for step 4. are the 'chartered accountant approved jobs' just the jobs with the big 4 firms?? or are there other companies that are apporved by CA..if so, could you please tell me which??

and also, does it matter if i worked 26 weeks in a CA approved job thats located overseas?

thanks,
studymon
About step 4 - you have to work with somone that is a qualified CA, be that at a big4, corporate or a tiny office with one accountant (a CA).

urahb

HSC
is anyone here able to tutor accounting&financial management 1a...or know any good tutors...im struggling...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)