Question regarding Late Round offers / internal transfer (1 Viewer)

arimerialc

HSC
Hey guys,
I anticipate that I'll receive an offer tonight for B Arts in Communication (Public Communication) as my 2012 ATAR was 96.5 and the Guaranteed Entry ATAR is 91. However after the option to change our Main Round preferences closed I realised that I actually would like to do the Public Communication degree combined with International Studies. The Guaranteed Entry ATAR for this is 93.65 but as it is too late for me to add it to my preferences, what is the likelihood of receiving an offer for it in the Late Round?
If that is not likely, it is it possible to transfer from the single degree to the double degree relatively easily once I commence study and how would I go about doing that?

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
The combined international studies courses are quite high in demand, I don't think there'll be any vacancies after the main round. But apply anyway for the next round, there may be a chance that others reject their offers.

However, it's easy to transfer into international studies after the end of first year because the IS program doesn't actually start until year 2. As long as you don't fail any subjects, I'm sure that getting in will be easy

arimerialc

HSC
Okay, thanks a lot.

Also, would you recommend doing International Studies and are you enjoying doing it at UTS? I'm still tossing up as to whether or not it would be useful/worthwhile for me.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I've enjoyed IS so far, it's a nice break from my business subjects and I've had the chance to meet people from different faculties which is great. I'm currently having second thoughts as to whether I actually want to go overseas for a year due to personal/financial reasons, BUT if you're interested in learning a language and studying overseas, definitely go for it! You won't get another opportunity to do something like this, and employers look favourably to people who are bilingual and have travelled

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Even if you can't get in for late round internal transfers are very straight forward, you'll just have to fill in a form. Student centre will tell you that it will open up around the end of march but dont be surprised if it's not there for another couple of months lol. Then you just get an offer towards the end of the break and once you accept they do the rest for you - i was a bit worried i'd lose my second semester time table since i had to reenrol but that wasn't the case and they did it all for me and kept my old time table.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)