Question regarding related texts... :/ (1 Viewer)

acousticbeats7

HSC
You know in the guidelines how it says we can not do texts that we have learnt in class during year 11.
I really want to do a poem for Belonging, because it's my strong point and it's shorter then novels, movies, etc.

I've been thinking of doing 'My Country' by Dorothea Mackellar but I think I had studied and analysized it before in either year 9 or 10 when learning Australian Poetry, but of course I don't hav the notes about it or anything now. Would I still be able to do it or should I be looking for something else?

K

khorne

theres no guidelines which say you can't use yer 11 texts. You can't use any hsc (year 12) prescribed text.

cunliffe

HSC
N/A
Your school may have guidelines about not using Year 11 texts, but that is not a BOS guideline. There is no rule about using other Year 12 texts either, it's simply that the markers don't like it-they think you are 'double dipping' and therefore haven't worked to find your related texts.

You could use 'My Country' without a problem, but you want to consider how effectively it works in terms of your main text and the arguments you want to make about belonging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)