QUESTION to anyone really :) (1 Viewer)

Scoobie123

HSC
Hey, i'm about to finish year 12 and i REALLY want to do the paramedic/ nursing cource they offer at charles sturt but i reaalllyyy don't want to move out to bathurst for 4 years!!
There's a cource in sydney that offers it but I don;t know if i'll be able to do if for 3 years until i get my full drivers lisence & it's only a diploma! I want a batchelor if im doing the same thing! haha anyway if you have any advice or information i'de love to hear form you. Thank you!

Ksubi

HSC
im on the same boat, i dont want to live and study at bathurst or wagga for 4 years... i need civilization. but i guess it helps with the studies coz of not many distractions....

LauraHLH

HSC
Contrary to popular belief, Bathurst isn't as country bumpkin as you think. It's actually pretty nice out there, and it's only a couple of hours to Penrith, and there's shops, pubs and I'm pretty sure a couple of clubs out there. Not to mention thanks to the Uni there's more young people out there, it's a pretty good place to be.

And one of my friends is doing the Nursing/Paramedics degree, and he loves it. And you definitly don't need your full licence when you start the degree.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. Bathurst is like, 2 hours max from Sydney. You could catch a train/drive/fly home every weekend if you wanted. It's not like there are only 5 people in the town, IIRC it has about 40,000 so it has all the shops and amenities you'd want, plus you're going to spend the majority of time at the university itself, so you'll be too busy drinking goon bombs to worry about Bathurst now having a harbour bridge.

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
I'm in my second year of a degree down in Wagga (performing arts degree, and originally from Sydney, but not important), and contrary to city people's expectations, neither Wagga nor Bathurst are a country bumpkin town. Bathurst is a BIG town, as is Wagga, and they're both uni towns... which means that there are a hell of a lot of parties and events.

the uni atmosphere is so much better than places in Sydney because you actually live really close to all your friends and really close to the pubs (which means no $90 cab rides home on a saturday night).

all the people I know who've been to CSU in Bathurst say it was totally awesome. Ditto with Wagga. even the city kids like me. not having a car isnt an issue either. both campuses have really good bus transport to and from town. Or you could live on campus and walk to class every day.

Bathurst is SO close to Sydney anyway. like Katie said, you can totally just go home on the weekends if you want. dont exclude either of them just because they're not in sydney. You will meet a LOT of really awesome people and have so much fun.

Hannargh

HSC
i'm in my second year of a degree down in wagga (performing arts degree, and originally from sydney, but not important), and contrary to city people's expectations, neither wagga nor bathurst are a country bumpkin town. Bathurst is a big town, as is wagga, and they're both uni towns... Which means that there are a hell of a lot of parties and events.

The uni atmosphere is so much better than places in sydney because you actually live really close to all your friends and really close to the pubs (which means no $90 cab rides home on a saturday night).

All the people i know who've been to csu in bathurst say it was totally awesome. Ditto with wagga. Even the city kids like me. Not having a car isnt an issue either. Both campuses have really good bus transport to and from town. Or you could live on campus and walk to class every day.

Bathurst is so close to sydney anyway. Like katie said, you can totally just go home on the weekends if you want. Dont exclude either of them just because they're not in sydney. You will meet a lot of really awesome people and have so much fun.
+1

globez

HSC
LOL to be honest, bathurst is a really cool place. Its like a mini sydney, it has everything you need, has an active social scene, u have heaps of clubs and always something to do. To be honest bathurst is worth going to its mad

NoName91

HSC
im on the same boat, i dont want to live and study at bathurst or wagga for 4 years... i need civilization. but i guess it helps with the studies coz of not many distractions....
Oh wow... I'm really cut by that :( Sorry for being uncivilised then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)