Question - "your own interpretation" (1 Viewer)

aurora_05

HSC
With King Lear, I'm a bit lost with the concept of my own interpretation. Like, is that just how I view the play? Or how I'd stage it? Or....what? I'm confused.
Would it be right to say that my interpretation of the play is basically a feminist interpretation, not too dissimilar to that of McLuskie, and then talk about the main points of it? Or do I not need to reference to her? :confused:
Any help would be appreciated...

SmileyCam

HSC
aurora_05 said:
With King Lear, I'm a bit lost with the concept of my own interpretation. Like, is that just how I view the play? Or how I'd stage it? Or....what? I'm confused.
Would it be right to say that my interpretation of the play is basically a feminist interpretation, not too dissimilar to that of McLuskie, and then talk about the main points of it? Or do I not need to reference to her? :confused:
Any help would be appreciated...
well, it depends on the wording if, it just asks "how have different productions shaped your uderstanding of the play" then you would just randomly say, "and this has shaped my understanding of King Lear" or some variation of, but I VERY MUCH doubt we'll get a question asking us to direct our production of the play, remember, they just want to test everyone's basic knowledge, they leave the random crap for school assessment tasks

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Well, they're not just gonna say "what's your interpretation of the text", but they can, and have, asked for a personal response.

So you need to consider stuff like:
- Your context and how it effects the way you look at the text
- The context in which the original text was written
- Productions that have influenced you - what the producer did and how, why the producer did it, and why you'd do something similar
- Particular parts of the text that you think are important, what Shakespeare does and how, and why you think it's important...

Am I on the right track here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)