Question (1 Viewer)

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Hey, does anyone know the general schedule subject list for elec/comp/telecom engineering??

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Thanks but thats not right still. They are my core subjects and its weird but some of the ecte subjects as ecte182 cannot be chosen as electives as they are made for other disciplines as I.T etc.

There should be a list with commerce and other electives.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
Thanks but thats not right still. They are my core subjects and its weird but some of the ecte subjects as ecte182 cannot be chosen as electives as they are made for other disciplines as I.T etc.

There should be a list with commerce and other electives.
http://www.uow.edu.au/handbook/yr2008/ug/informatics/H08006926.html

Using this: https://sols.uow.edu.au/owa/sid/CAL.USER_FACULTYLIST_SCREEN?p_year=2008&p_cal_type=U&p_cal_types=UP
You can search through whatever faculty you want to and if the subject that tickles your fancy has "Yes." under General Subject, it's part of the general schedule and you can use it.

According to the first link you get two general schedule subjects.

The actual list isn't released for 2008 yet, but as I said, if it says "Yes." under "General Subject", then it's part of the general schedule. Example, MARK101 is a general schedule subject, as is ECTE333.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Hmm ok i get ya. This means that all my previous subjects were general schedule so all can count, but ill pick my highly scored ones lol.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
HSC
if you're transferring across from another degree you could also look into specified credit for programming subjects if you did any.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
i only did information systems programming and was told thats not enough to get you credit for eng programming 1

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
i only did information systems programming and was told thats not enough to get you credit for eng programming 1
Rightfully so, too. You should learn how to program properly. :D

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
well my old degree was a bit weird i only had info systems programming and csci102 systems, which were related to computing. The rest of my subjects were commerce basically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)