Question... (1 Viewer)

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
How are you going to present your journal? I'm stuck for ideas. Just a general document, or something different - like a VA diary? That's what my teacher suggested, but I don't know if it's worth the effort.

starrysky

HSC
To be perfectly honest, as long as the markers can see that it shows the process of composition, they're not going to give a rat's ass about it unless there are inconsistencies in your Reflection Statement that don't co-incide with your Major Work. Just use it to stick any pieces of random writing, research, or paper in it. Whatever. A guy from my school who did a post-modernist piece for EE2 in 2006 had six of the ring-binded VA blank-paper diaries for his journal. Mine from last year was just a white ring binder full of paper and shit, hole-punched, placed in some kind of haphazard order, with plastic sleeves everywhere. And that was enough for me. *shrug*

ashllis91

Banned
HSC
yeh imjust doing a massive VA diary because i caan just stick stuff in nd write around it nd take notes nd have ideas.... you get the ideathe big pages are a huge advantage for me but really youve gotta do what you find best coz like they said the markers really couldnt care less how you present it as long as it is wel thought out and coherent with ur mw

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Can I just say, that as a writer, I have those cheap A5 Woolworths spiralbound notebooks and I just write in those and staple, stick my research into those. I know where everything is and I can refer back and forth through it. It is also small enough to carry with me whereever I go so I can take notes and jot stuff down at random times when things occur to me.

You hardly ever see me out without my bag hanging at my side with that notebook in it. I have multiple ones of them which would probably make a nice Journal if I were doing Ext 2.

Also, the progression of your thoughts and the transformation of your story can be clearly seen in something that is just written chronologically. When students do theses at Uni, that's exactly what they use.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)