QuestioN! (1 Viewer)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
okay im having problems with this question

Which of the following would be considered as covert industrial activity?

(a) a lockout
(b) work-to-rules campaign
(c) A strike
(d) Sabotage of the production process

To my knowledge Covert is indirect
And i Think it is (D)

however apparently the answer is (B)? can someone explain thsi to me i always thought work-to-rule was overt , since its not exactly hidden.. as you are refusing to do particular tasks not within the award ...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm i think sabotage means like.. going and pouring coke all over a machine or something.. thats pretty overt
the textbook says that they are all overt.. but i guess work to rule isnt as extreme as the rest so it could be considered covert to the rest of them..
but they should all be overt :| id point that out to ur teacher cuz they should be following the syllabus when setting their questions

sweet stuff

in relation to your question i got taught to remember that covert is not obvious and overt is obvious so i would answer b

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
ugh

my textbook says All of them but D are Overt

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i remember this q in a past paper and having the same problem and then realising there was a typo. so check with your teacher.

= Jennifer =

HSC
it all refers back to the syllabus

types of industrial action

overt-lockouts, pickets,strikes,bans,work-to-rule

covert-absenteeism,sabotage,turnover,exclusion from decision making in business

there is nothing about work to rule campaigns as cro_angel said go and discuss with your teacher and maybe post back the reason i am curious :)

maddison10

HSC
N/A
ok in relation to the original question, i dont understand how the answer is not D,
everywhere says sabotage is covert and rule to work or work to rule is overt?
so is it B or D, is it a typo?

M@C D@DDY

HSC
We just had that qs in our assessments it's definitely D

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
Which of the following would be considered as covert industrial activity?

(a) a lockout
(b) work-to-rules campaign
(c) A strike
(d) Sabotage of the production process

Covert is like secret. you know those games.. seals/Covert ops, its like secretive, behind enemy lines, the enemy doesnt know about it, etc..
as opposed to overt which is right in the open, no shame, etc
thats how i remember the difference

a lockout - this is out in the open, employees cant physically enter the building, everyone knows its going on

work to rule - employees do the legally absolute minimum work required (think your shittiest teacher) people know its going on

a strike - think of this as the classic overt action, its out in the open, the employer knows about it, the media, etc ,etc

Sabotage of the production process - alright this is full shifty. its like sneaking up and shoving chalk in the blackboard duster (so when the teacher uses it theres this loud SCRAAAAAPE noise), you do it secretly, no one is meant to find out, etc. its covert action (being a sneaky bugger)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)