question (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: question

Originally posted by Ultimate
keep on practising short answer styled questions.
thats a good place to start ... and then get a teacher or even a fellow student to mark it and go through it ... and then get another (preferable a student who does better than you) student to do the same questions and see what other methods there are to approaching the question ... and repeat ... thats just my advice ... so feel free to ignore it :)

AGB

HSC
Re: Re: Re: question

Originally posted by flyin'

thats a good place to start ... and then get a teacher or even a fellow student to mark it and go through it ... and then get another (preferable a student who does better than you) student to do the same questions and see what other methods there are to approaching the question ... and repeat ... thats just my advice ... so feel free to ignore it :)
one thing i found really helpful (which is similar to wot flyin said) was to look at answers that got full marks (from other students etc.) becoz this allows u to c wot is required and wot u hav to do to get full marks....hope it helps

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, to back up wat AGB said, go to the Board's site and download the examiner's report for last yr's economics paper - u'll see (i think) the marking guidelines telling u wat u needed to say to earn full marks

AGB

HSC
also, there is usually a definition question in short answer questions, so try and put the key terms from the topic onto flash cards and revise them so that u know the key words...i guess my only other advice is to know the syllabus coz u can get a lot of the answers to short answer questions from it (but not all)

AGB

HSC
oh yeah, one more thing (sorry for all the posts - im not like jafar...I PROMISE!! hehe)

if the question is worth two marks then make sure that u write two things, three marks then write three things...by things i mean points/reasons/explanations/demonstrations etc...

ill stop posting now.....

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by AGB

if the question is worth two marks then make sure that u write two things, three marks then write three things...by things i mean points/reasons/explanations/demonstrations etc...

ill stop posting now.....

...that's not really the case
deres no rule like that. I often wrote 5 points if it was 5marks etc juz to be safe. But on small marks like 2/3. Sometimes they want analysis and a show of ur insightfulness, not juz how well you know the theory.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-

...that's not really the case
deres no rule like that. I often wrote 5 points if it was 5marks etc juz to be safe. But on small marks like 2/3. Sometimes they want analysis and a show of ur insightfulness, not juz how well you know the theory.
i disagree....say for example that the question was 'explain the impact of protectionist policies on the domestic economy' and it was worth three marks, then, in my opinion, you should be explaining three impacts of protectionist policies

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
explain questions want you to find cause, effect and why it is so.
I'd only mention 3 impacts if the question was outline the impacts of blah blah...

in your example, i fink its better to identify wat protection policies do (1 mark), what the impacts are (1 mark) and why (1 mark).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)