Question (1 Viewer)

Bellow

HSC
A container contains 20 lollies of 3 types (5 black, 5 white and 10 clear). Ben Bob and Peter decides to choose 5 lollies each, Ben would only choose the lollies that has an opposite colour to what peter chooses ( i.e. Ben would only choose white if Peter chooses black and vice versa ) unless peter chooses a clear lolly. Bob will not choose a colour similar to peter (i.e. Bob will not choose dark if Peter chooses light and vice versa) unless Peter chose a clear coloured lolly. Peter could only choose a maximum of 3 lollies each from the available type. What is the probability that none of each type of the lollies that Peter, Ben and Bob choose will run out?

damo676767

HSC
is that exacly as it was

as in is that it word for word

was there any previous work that might help it

did it step it out at all

thats dam hard, only way i can think of is with a massive tree

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Man, this is so damn complex, it's asking for a 4u sticker on it. Probability's not my strengths and I don't have the time to sit down and work it out for you. I'm sure there's someone out there that does. :)

polythenepam

HSC
Bellow said:
Bob will not choose a colour similar to peter (i.e. Bob will not choose dark if Peter chooses light and vice versa) unless Peter chose a clear coloured lolly.
Bob will NOT choose a colour similar to peter yet he will not choose dark if peter chooses light??
Contradiction?

Was it meant to be Bob WILL choose a colour similar to peter, i.e. he will choose light (or he will 'not choose dark') if peter chooses light...??

It's a strange way to word the question..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)