Questions about Commonwealth NetBank (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Does anyone know if I can transfer money using Commonwealth NetBank to another bank network like St George Bank or ANZ Bank? If it does possible, is there any fees for doing so?

Thanks in advance.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
There's no fee and yes it is possible. It is better if you withdraw at the atm and deposit there since you know that you won't be typing in the wrong numbers during online transaction.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I'm not sure about Comm bank, but for ANZ you have to pre-apply for 'pay anyone'.. it doesn't cost a cent though.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Yes you can transfer to any account at any bank.
Great feature.. particularly for ebay.
As if it is better to get into a car.. go to an ATM withdraw money.. then line up waiting for a teller and fill out a form to deposit it again. You could always make a mistake writing it in person as well =P What kind of a moron wouldnt triple check an account number before transferring money.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
just dont expect it to transfer immidiately ... once my 1000$ transfer was somewhere in the system for 2 days! Very scary!!

Ac

fatmuscle

HSC
most inter-bank transfers take about 2 working days.
and up to 5 if it's a CC transfer.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
How many times in a month you can do these transfers for free? I read somewhere in CommNetBank FAQ that I can only transfer three times to third party account for free each month, after that there will be a small fee. However, I have transfered three times now to different account (and different financial institution) and there is always a notice that said this is my first third party transfer after I transfered each one. Maybe the FAQ means if I transfered to the same account for three times in a month then there will be a small fee when I do it again for the fourth time.:confused:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I'm sure if you type in the wrong Acct Number you should be able to request the money back by saying it was a mistake. Because the account name and account number wouldnt match.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
bscienceboi said:
I'm sure if you type in the wrong Acct Number you should be able to request the money back by saying it was a mistake. Because the account name and account number wouldnt match.
Yes, if the account is a Commonwealth account; they will not responsible if you sent the money to "other financial institution", like other banks.

I have got another question. Is it possible for Commonwealth normal streamline saving account to receive money from another currency, like USD. Is it converted to AUD immediately or stay as USD? Is there any fee associated with this?

Thanks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
XcarvengerX said:
How many times in a month you can do these transfers for free? I read somewhere in CommNetBank FAQ that I can only transfer three times to third party account for free each month, after that there will be a small fee. However, I have transfered three times now to different account (and different financial institution) and there is always a notice that said this is my first third party transfer after I transfered each one. Maybe the FAQ means if I transfered to the same account for three times in a month then there will be a small fee when I do it again for the fourth time.:confused:
which month did you do over 3 transfers in? because i think they got rid of the fees from this month onwards

go to www.netbank.com.au and it says
"We’ve erased NetBank fees on scheduled payments and everyday third party transfers. Learn more. "

XcarvengerX said:
I have got another question. Is it possible for Commonwealth normal streamline saving account to receive money from another currency, like USD. Is it converted to AUD immediately or stay as USD? Is there any fee associated with this?
I think it's an "international Money Transfer." It costs like $20-30
go to the FAQs under "transfer money"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)