Questions about subjects (1 Viewer)

Just wondering does it matter if my first semester subjects are completely different from my second semester ones?

1st- Psych 1001, Film 1101, HPSC 1100, Euro 1000
2nd- Pol 1003, Pol 1020, Hist 1031, Soca 1005

I'm just a bit worried because it seems that so many other people doing B/Arts are doing the same subjects in both semesters.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Unless you failed it, you shouldn't be doing the same subject twice...

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
............ - i noticed you've put down 2 different Politics subjects for semester 2, but just to let you know i read on their website that students aren't generally allowed to do more than 1 in each semester, so you might want to check that out. secondly, the only problem with not choosing the same subjects is that you might not be able to progress to 2nd year. for example, if you do psych1 but not psych2, then you won't be allowed to take it next year if you wanted to without having done 2nd semester psych. having said that, it's good to try different subjects and you might have a better idea of what you want to do after 1st semester anyway. hope this helps !

Sorry I meant does it matter if they are from different schools because I know some people doing History in both semester, film in both semester etc.

babez_hamp said:
............ - i noticed you've put down 2 different Politics subjects for semester 2, but just to let you know i read on their website that students aren't generally allowed to do more than 1 in each semester, so you might want to check that out. secondly, the only problem with not choosing the same subjects is that you might not be able to progress to 2nd year. for example, if you do psych1 but not psych2, then you won't be allowed to take it next year if you wanted to without having done 2nd semester psych. having said that, it's good to try different subjects and you might have a better idea of what you want to do after 1st semester anyway. hope this helps !
Thanks it does and regarding the politics I called UNSW up and they said that you could only do a maximum of 12 units from any one school but it doesn't matter whether you do it in one semester or not

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
.......... said:
Just wondering does it matter if my first semester subjects are completely different from my second semester ones?

1st- Psych 1001, Film 1101, HPSC 1100, Euro 1000
2nd- Pol 1003, Pol 1020, Hist 1031, Soca 1005

I'm just a bit worried because it seems that so many other people doing B/Arts are doing the same subjects in both semesters.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Check the Arts requirements carefully. You may not have many electives in later years if you do completely different things in 1st year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)