Questions on myUNSW (1 Viewer)

Marc26

HSC
Hey,

So my application for Commerce in myUNSW still has a status of 'matriculation'. Does anyone else have that?

Also, how do we change our name online for our ID card? Is it in My Student Profile > Personal details (Preferred name) > Secondary Given name?
I need to add a middle name to match my license.

Thanks

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Mine still says matriculation too. Same as everyone else's.

I was in the same situation as you with a missing middle name.

Fill in this form:

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/Change_Name_Form.pdf

Then go to UNSW at Student Central (Map reference C22). Then show them that and they should photocopy your license too. They will take the form then they will keep it and change your name. Then go to FM assist (to get your student id) and tell them there that you just had a name change and you might have to wait a while (I didn't as the name change was instant). Then you should be all good to go.

Note: The photo will turn out crap any which way to try to take it.

tuypo

HSC
Mine still says matriculation too. Same as everyone else's.

I was in the same situation as you with a missing middle name.

Fill in this form:

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/Change_Name_Form.pdf

Then go to UNSW at Student Central (Map reference C22). Then show them that and they should photocopy your license too. They will take the form then they will keep it and change your name. Then go to FM assist (to get your student id) and tell them there that you just had a name change and you might have to wait a while (I didn't as the name change was instant). Then you should be all good to go.

Note: The photo will turn out crap any which way to try to take it.
On that form, what is our student ID? Is it our zpass number thing? (like z1234567)

williamdaft

HSC
Hey,

So my application for Commerce in myUNSW still has a status of 'matriculation'. Does anyone else have that?

Also, how do we change our name online for our ID card? Is it in My Student Profile > Personal details (Preferred name) > Secondary Given name?
I need to add a middle name to match my license.

Thanks
Same! I think everyone has that..

tuypo

HSC
so it includes the z?

also which 'reason' box do you check if you're adding the middle name?

Last edited:

williamdaft

HSC
so it includes the z?

also which 'reason' box do you check if you're adding the middle name?
Yes, your student no. includes the "z" before the 7 numbers. It will be written online, on your student card, and when you sign in for wifi in UNSW, it's the z1234567 and the password you use to sign in on myUNSW.

Reason.. probably, tick "Other" and you write: Add middle name.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought your student ID number is the 7 digits AFTER z (does not include the z). Because the number on my student ID card is the number (7 digits) without the z. Also on myUNSW, the student ID number floating around on my account is the same (the 7 digits following z, but without the z).

williamdaft

HSC
I thought your student ID number is the 7 digits AFTER z (does not include the z). Because the number on my student ID card is the number (7 digits) without the z. Also on myUNSW, the student ID number floating around on my account is the same (the 7 digits following z, but without the z).
Yeah I just realised my ID only contains the 7 numbers. Well your ID is z1234567 to sign on myUNSW.. I still think when they ask for your 'student ID number' it's z1234567 even though z isn't a number...

I don't see what the fuss is coz everyone has a z before their 7 numbers so it doesn't really matter if you have or have no z. I would just put the z anyway in case.

D94

HSC
N/A
Please people, your zPass is a password. Your zID is in the form of z1234567 which is your student ID.

(see below)

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Ok, I just looked at my transcript and alongside "Student ID", it just has the number (i.e. 1234567). So for the purposes of UNSW forms, it doesn't matter unless it explicitly says just the number or ID with the 'z'. But for Centrelink, you should just put the number down.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, I just looked at my transcript and alongside "Student ID", it just has the number (i.e. 1234567). So for the purposes of UNSW forms, it doesn't matter unless it explicitly says just the number or ID with the 'z'. But for Centrelink, you should just put the number down.
Okay..thank you....thank goodness...I already gave centrelink the number without the z..weeks ago.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I gave Centrelink my number with the z in the front. Made no difference for me and they acknowledged it as fine and ok with their standards.

Reactions: D94

williamdaft

HSC
When are the fee statements available??
mm.. I think 2 weeks prior to our course.

When I clicked on the student profile, it came up with this new thing - 'Your current liability is $3,915.90'

Anyone know what I do now? Do I wait, and defer it to my HECS later?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad

I believe we just let it lapse and HECS will cover it after the census date(if you've applied for HECS that is)

williamdaft

HSC

I believe we just let it lapse and HECS will cover it after the census date(if you've applied for HECS that is)
Okay! yeah, my status atm is "HECS-HELP Eligible" so I think it should be good..

That image is exactly what mine looks like.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Thanks guys. I think the liability statements came out today. I swear, I've checked everyday. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)