Questions on UMAT (1 Viewer)

HSC
1.Can an individual wing the UMAT exam?

2.Should an individual wing a UMAT exam?

3.Can someone link me to the minimum percentiles of UMAT to get into a course that requires it?

4.What happens if I get 50th-70thpercentile, will I be able to do medicine for example (given that I received the cut-off)?

Ricktatorship

HSC
1. Good luck

2. If you are serious about med/dentistry, no

3. The minimum varies.PLaces like UNSW I think you need around 80+ to get an interview (of course it varies according to atar and other stuff)

4. Most universities select people based off UMAT + ATAR + interview. In theory the higher your atar, the lower your umat score can be (so if you got 60 umat you have a chance of getting into UNSW if you have an atar of like 99.95).
However places like Newcastle have a minimum umat of around 60 I think, and atar cut off of 94.5. They put a lot of weighting on the interview.

Hope this helps

Prep

HSC
The answer is NO. With the change in the UMAT format it is difficult to overcome UMAT without proper time practice. Time management has become crucial when all the sections are mixed up and therefore you need to be quite confident about all types of questions regardless of it complexity. To your question 2 it is also a absolute no because practice will help you to ace UMAT and if you want your beautiful dream to come true of being a doc it is absolutely necessary to work a little hard towards it so that you can achieve your dream.
Different Universities have different cutoff marks as their entry requirement. Therefore it is best to look up individual universities for the required cutoffs. But on a general note most of the universities emphasize 50% on ATAR and 50% on UMAT score. The ATAR also depends on different territories in Australian and therefore it is best to check the cutoffs of each such territory. But what is ideal is that you must keep a high GDP of about 5.5 and also a UMAT score of about 90 percentile rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)