Questions over greatness of Warne? (1 Viewer)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Murali. chucker
therefore warne pwns.
shoab . chucker+ druggie.
therefore lee is the fastest bowler in the world i suppose?
although his current bowling hasn't been as fast as before.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
where do you get yours stats about 99% of bowlers chuck from? i am sorry about murali is the only one known to be chucking, if anyone else chucks they will be on the front page of the newspaper and surely then we'll all know, just like murali.

even if some bowlers chuck, they don't bend their arms to 15 degrees, which murali does and the rule only exists to accommodate him. so don't you deny that. regardless of the definition of the word chucking, warne clearly does not even 'bend' his arm, because you simply cannot bowl leg spin with a bent arm. so technically, only warne bowls legally and murali chucks.

and in regard to what bradman's quote, with all respect to the great batsman, he is no bowler and time has changed since he last touched a bat, so to take comfort in what bradman has to say about murali's chucking is just plain denial.

even if one day murali becomes the greatest wicket taker, his achievement will always come with a question mark. warne will no doubt come in as the greatest spinner of all time and without the questions and doubts over his bowling actions.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
where do you get yours stats about 99% of bowlers chuck from? i am sorry about murali is the only one known to be chucking, if anyone else chucks they will be on the front page of the newspaper and surely then we'll all know, just like murali.

even if some bowlers chuck, they don't bend their arms to 15 degrees, which murali does and the rule only exists to accommodate him. so don't you deny that. regardless of the definition of the word chucking, warne clearly does not even 'bend' his arm, because you simply cannot bowl leg spin with a bent arm. so technically, only warne bowls legally and murali chucks.

and in regard to what bradman's quote, with all respect to the great batsman, he is no bowler and time has changed since he last touched a bat, so to take comfort in what bradman has to say about murali's chucking is just plain denial.

even if one day murali becomes the greatest wicket taker, his achievement will always come with a question mark. warne will no doubt come in as the greatest spinner of all time and without the questions and doubts over his bowling actions.
Except for the fact that Warne takes drugs, gets hammered by the Indian Batsmans and eats Baked Beans :rofl:

Murali doesnt have choice on how he bowls in the sense thats the only way he can bowl. If he could bowl like the rest of us he would. But he cant!.

HSC
I haven't read the thread...but there is no question over Warne's greatness, he is simply the best. period.

volition

arr.
HSC
Here are some links:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/rules_and_equipment/4404874.stm
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/faq/bowling.html

quoted from the icc site: "No, the point is that bowlers have always bowled with a degree of straightening which has not been detectable or quantified by expert analysis. The advent of high-speed cameras and bio-mechanical science now makes it possible to analyse bowlers’ actions in a way that was not possible a few years ago. Bowlers will not be able to ‘learn’ how to deliberately bowl with a 15-degree straightening of the elbow; it is a natural effect created by body forces in delivery."

So I think this clears up the straightening thing as something that many bowlers do, rather than something that Muralitharan does alone.

Muralitharan has a birth defect of 32 degrees on his right arm, meaning he can't straighten his arm, which can have the effect of making it LOOK like he is straightening his arm. So he had to go and get it tested, but he's passed the testing, so I think it's fair to say that he doesn't chuck, and that the rules weren't changed "Just for him".

HSC
muttiah said:
nice comeback :eek:
Hahaha well write stupidly and youre guna get a stupid response to it. Take a lesson here. No matter how insightful your post may be, people won't take you seriously if you write posts like "hAy gUyz chAnGe the rUlz lolz! XoXOxoXO" or in that manner anyway (btw thats the general impression i got from that post. the guy makes the point well. I mean seriously I how hard is it to type normal? Write properly if you want to be taken seriously...

writing in caps is also gay if you do it way too much.

muttiah

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:

I already told you that the rules are not there to accomodate him. Read the posts above.

And WHEN murali becomes the greatest cricketer, only the aussies will question him because they are jealous of his achievements. Aussie umpires called him for chucking. The aussie crowd always scream out "no ball" when he balls. But Murali challenged ppl like u and done the test with AUSTRALIAN EXPERTS in bowlingand passed.... yet aussies still cant accept it.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. murali number one!

fat boy warne will b forgotten soon

whos next?

Last edited:

martin88

HSC
N/A
muttiah said:
I already told you that the rules are not there to accomodate him. Read the posts above.

And WHEN murali becomes the greatest cricketer, only the aussies will question him because they are jealous of his achievements. Aussie umpires called him for chucking. The aussie crowd always scream out "no ball" when he balls. But Murali challenged ppl like u and done the test with AUSTRALIAN EXPERTS in bowlingand passed.... yet aussies still cant accept it.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. murali number one!

fat boy warne will b forgotten soon

whos next?
murali will never become the greatest cricketer

simple as that

wont even come close

muttiah

Banned
HSC
martin88 said:
murali will never become the greatest cricketer

simple as that

wont even come close
bahahahahahha

He was voted by WISDEN as the greatest bowler ever!
In Australia, Murali will never be the best. But other cricket playing nations like India, South Africa Pakistan Sri lanka New Zealand regard murali as the best EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

whats that fat boys name again who does drugs, takes bribes and sleeps with any woman he lays eyes on?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
screw this, you obviously think murali is better warne simply because he's your religious symbol and if he dies or breaks his arm, your whole economy will go into recession and so forth. so there's no point in arguing with you, i reckon if you submit to defeat you'll probably be exiled.

in the end, you cannot deny the truth, however hard you try, that warne is clearly the best spinner the world has ever seen.

bos1234

HSC
wuddie said:
screw this, you obviously think murali is better warne simply because he's your religious symbol and if he dies or breaks his arm, your whole economy will go into recession and so forth. so there's no point in arguing with you, i reckon if you submit to defeat you'll probably be exiled.

in the end, you cannot deny the truth, however hard you try, that warne is clearly the best spinner the world has ever seen.
im muttiah..

his not a religious symbol in sri lanka and i should know i lived there for 10 years...

You may think that Warne is the best bowler ever but lets face facts here.

Murali is gonna break the ODI world record for most number of wickets and his gonna break the test records too..Shane warne will always be number twp

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH fat boy will b forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goodnight and goodbye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)