Questions regarding accg250/1, accg201 and Busl301 (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
decided to do these 3 units together. The academic adivsor told me it was loads of reading. Just wondering what the workload for 301 is? Also was told that 251 has alot of international students and has a higher failure rate.. does this increase my chances of a D in the subject? And has anyone done 3 types of 'memorisation' subjects like these in a semester before? If so was it stressful?

Kutay

University
HSC
I've done 301!

Its so boring i chose to do it as an elective because i really enjoyed 250.. never went to a lecture cause the guy is high all the the time. All you need to know is the little summary book he has. dont bother with the big text book..

the mid term is a MC 20 questions really hard most fail so dont worry but final is quite easy like 40 MC and then you do 3 long answer questions basically just memorise the section 180 etc

how did you go in 253 btw?

Mathmatics85

HSC
I'll just give a go at ACCG251 and 201.

ACCG251
  • Shitloads of reading, lecture slides are long, boring, and not fun.
  • In one semester, 38% of students failed (I've seen the graph on a lecture note once.), so thats almost 40%. But on average, 30% of students fail, so yeah.
  • You don't get official answers to tutorials every week for ACCG251 whereas in ACCG250 you do, so I suggest you do ACCG250 instead of ACCG251.
  • Final exam is bitch long, all topics covered. when I did my final, NOT even 1 student left the exam room before the time was up. the exam itself isn't too difficult, but you'd definately got to know your stuff, otherwise you'll be in that 30% gang.
  • My last advice, do ACCG250.
ACCG201
  • Going to lectures will be the biggest waste of time of your life. I've only attended the lecture for this subject once, and that was the first week of lecture when I just went in to pick up the unit outline.
  • Tutorials are a must, just like any other accounting units...If you didn't get enough sleep the night before the tutorial, this is the time where you make it up. (make sure you sit at the back. lol)
  • Don't buy the Campling textbook, lecture notes are more than sufficient
  • Calculation questions are must easier than those you did in ACCG200
  • Final exam is straight-foward, much less to write than you did in ACCG251
hope this helps

Monstar

HSC
Kutay said:
I've done 301!

Its so boring i chose to do it as an elective because i really enjoyed 250.. never went to a lecture cause the guy is high all the the time. All you need to know is the little summary book he has. dont bother with the big text book..

the mid term is a MC 20 questions really hard most fail so dont worry but final is quite easy like 40 MC and then you do 3 long answer questions basically just memorise the section 180 etc

how did you go in 253 btw?
Yeah i got a D man :D Pretty darn happy.
Cheers for the heads up about 301.. i too heard the midsem is terribly hard.

Mathmatics85 said:
I'll just give a go at ACCG251 and 201.

ACCG251
  • Shitloads of reading, lecture slides are long, boring, and not fun.
  • In one semester, 38% of students failed (I've seen the graph on a lecture note once.), so thats almost 40%. But on average, 30% of students fail, so yeah.
  • You don't get official answers to tutorials every week for ACCG251 whereas in ACCG250 you do, so I suggest you do ACCG250 instead of ACCG251.
  • Final exam is bitch long, all topics covered. when I did my final, NOT even 1 student left the exam room before the time was up. the exam itself isn't too difficult, but you'd definately got to know your stuff, otherwise you'll be in that 30% gang.
  • My last advice, do ACCG250.
ACCG201
  • Going to lectures will be the biggest waste of time of your life. I've only attended the lecture for this subject once, and that was the first week of lecture when I just went in to pick up the unit outline.
  • Tutorials are a must, just like any other accounting units...If you didn't get enough sleep the night before the tutorial, this is the time where you make it up. (make sure you sit at the back. lol)
  • Don't buy the Campling textbook, lecture notes are more than sufficient
  • Calculation questions are must easier than those you did in ACCG200
  • Final exam is straight-foward, much less to write than you did in ACCG251
hope this helps
Woa man. Cheers. yeah most definately picking accg250 for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)