Questions regarding MHIS, AHIS and EDUC (High School) welcomed here. (1 Viewer)

will90211

HSC
Hi. I'm almost at the end of my 1st year doing a BA with a double history major in Modern History and Ancinet (Greece, Rome and LA) with a diploma of education (high school) which is now called a Bachelor of Education, for memory. I used BoS a lot for help in picking my units so I wanted to 'repay' the community by trying to answer any of your questions or queries. For the record, I did:

Session 1

EDUC105 Education: The Psychological Context (Requried - the lecturer, Wayne, is a great guy)
SOC 175 Australia and Global Societies: An Introduction to Sociology (People Unit, interesting unit, mildly difficult assessment work)
MHIS121 The Worlds of Early Modern Europe (Very challenging)
AHIS110 Rome: From Republic to Empire (Just do this unit - you will love every moment of it)

Session 2

EDUC106 Education: The Social and Historical Context (Required - many take this one over the physc unit)
MHIS114 The World Since 1945: An Australian Perspective (More of a broad ranging introduction to history post-1945, great lectuer, hard final paper)
AHIS100 Ancient Greece Tyranny and Democracy 800-399BC (The lecturer is an Oxford Doctoral Graduate, it's a very, very in depth look into 'early' Greek history)
ISYS100 IT & Society (Planet Unit, considered to be a 'bludge subject' - lecturer is very funny, though expect lots of group work)

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
Sure thing. So the creation of a twitter account is used for task 2 - desiging your own blog with 2-3 group members. The whole group creates one twitter account which is supposed to be used for communicating your progress / final URL of the blog to your prac tutor. It's a rather dodgy idea, my group only used it a handful of times and we didn't get penazlied for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)