Questions regarding Skrzynecki Poems (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

What issues are raised in the Skrzynecki poems? ( just a short outline)
And does Skrzynecki change in some way from his experiences described in the poem i.e. is he somehow different from the beginning to the end?

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
They are questions u have to answer urself... u have to understand his poetry to answer them... but no one can help u answer those questions.... by reading hispoetry do u think he is differentfrom thebegginning at the end?? what do uthinnk hispoems resemble?

Teighan

HSC
ok this is just off the top of my head from this morning.. someone correct me if im wrong!

skrzynecki.. as an immigrant (or child of) has issues dealing with his background - in feliks skrzynecki notice how they mention his fathers difficulty speaking english. as peter skrzynecki goes on writing his poety (after 20 years as a teacher in the country ) he receives a post card from a friend ( the poem postcard!) the way he talks of warsaw (and to warsaw in the second stanza to the 4th i think it is) he changes his attitude talks of how he is coming to terms with his heritage, he then goes on in the 5th stanza (if i am getting the stanza's wrong u will understand if u read this while the poem is infront of u) he talks about how he actually doesnt know warsaw he only knows it through the third person (his parents stories) and there is another change in that poem again as he mentions 'we will meet before you die'
pretty much the contrast in these to poems specifically show that he has had a change and a reflection on his heritage and he (although only partially) now accepts it as ukrainian.

SORRY ITS NOT SHORT ITS POETRY

he raises issues...
immigration and the positive & negative influences in immigrants lives
controlling beaurocracy (i dont know how to spell that how academic am i) the heads of the education department in particular (leaving home)
the loneliness and difficulties along a physical journey (life, migration)

like chooky girl said.. you have to just read and read and read until u understand it yourself... but get as much analysis as you can from others as the more analysis the more complex ur understanding (obviously) and the better your abiltiy to answer the questions

davidthebest

HSC
N/A
does any one have any info on shryznicki for physical journeys or choices:jedi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)