• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

quick opinion pplz: (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Quick ppl opinions needed: should i drop my Aviation Behind the Scenes gen-ed so i can focus more on my 2 core courses, thermodynamics and mechanics? (i have until midnite tonite to drop it without financial penalty)

I am also doing Introduction to Marketing (another gen-ed) but this one seems easy.
Aviation is just boring as fuck, meaning i dont pay attention, BUT it is a gen ed so it probably will be really easy.
Aviation assessment includes making a poster to advertise the course to future students, excursion to airport and questionairre (both those 2 are 25%), and final exam (50%).

whatchu think everyone?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
The poster project in particular screams DROP IT!

Its like some assignment you'd get in Year 9.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
While the originality of design and the professionalism of the pamphlet’s/brochure’s content and construction are important, students who are not of artistic bent will not be at a disadvantage so long as it is evident that due consideration has been given to effective presentation and a genuine attempt has been made to do so. Although some marks are allocated for presentation, the pamphlet/brochure will be marked, in the main, on how effectively it markets the GENS5001 course to the average UNSW student who is considering his or her GENS choices. What is being tested, and marked, in this pamphlet/brochure is the students’ understanding of the course, i.e., what does the course encompass and how is the content material of value?

blah blah.

brb clipart.

but srsly, i think i'll drop it so i can focus more on my other courses.
the time i spend studying for aviation gen-ed is time i could spend studying for my CORE COURSES.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
holy shit i dropped it.

was so nervous about dropping it, whether i should or not, but its done now.

phew. ^_^"

brb sending email to mecheng to confirm that i still dont have to pay for the course..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)