Quick Question; can you shorten/condense your texts name into its initials? (1 Viewer)

KRRyuki

HSC
Tried Search bar, all that came up was a guy baking a cake for BoS if he got 300k posts.

Example.

... as demonstrated in Ridley Shelley's 1969 poem'I Hate Gwen Harwood; what kind of dank kush was she smoking' (IHGW;WKODKWSS).

Is it not recommended to condense your text into its initials? Because I have a related text that takes and entire line to write ;_;

HSCMASTER

Let the games begin
HSC
maybe write the whole thing out in the intro and then abbreviate it after

acronical

HSC
Can we get a serious answer from someone though? I'd rather write out PS than Peter Skrznecki or FS rather than Feliks Skrznecki.

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
My teacher said she's marked some essays that say FR for Frankenstein and BR for Bladerunner and that it didn't matter as long as they wrote it out properly in the introduction but yeah it should prob be fine idk

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Can we get a serious answer from someone though? I'd rather write out PS than Peter Skrznecki or FS rather than Feliks Skrznecki.
As long as you write it in full in the intro, you're fine.

So in the intro, write:

Peter Skrznecki (PS)

And you're set to us PS for the rest of the essay.

Hi there444

HSC
And what about symbols like instead of and you just do the and symbol? Are they screwy about that?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I would avoid other symbols for English responses. Short form etc., e.g. and i.e. are ok though.

Ampersand '&' shouldn't be used as a replacement for 'and', but you won't actually lose marks for using it.

MrTammoth

HSC
I would avoid other symbols for English responses. Short form etc., e.g. and i.e. are ok though.

Ampersand '&' shouldn't be used as a replacement for 'and', but you won't actually lose marks for using it.
Lel nvm edited.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You just need to ensure you've defined the shortened form (presumably in an introduction paragraph if it's the main part of your essay, or in first relevant paragraph). I'd also avoid using acronyms for long titles (i.e. names of material; acronyms would be fine for a name IMO) and instead, come up with a more appropriate title which is both sensical (so it's easy to understand) and easy to write (if you have to write a long list of letters because you're trying to shorten a very long name it'll take you just as long to recall/write it neatly in capitals).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)