Quick Question (1 Viewer)

noturningback

HSC
I only received 70% for my trial exam for IPT
Will I still do ok? my class assessments probaly average to around 75%
I have done alot of study for the hsc exam of IPT coming up

HSC
if you do heaps of study and we all get a good paper yes. but what is your class rank
and welcome to the site

noturningback

HSC
Well I've gone through every single (01-07) IPT paper, written my answer, checked their answer then made points on how I could have improved the answer. I have only really done proper study for about 3 weeks because I didn't realise that studying from the textbook means very little, you need to relate to the question so I have been looking at the papers for 3 weeks.
My exam is in a week, I have all tommorow, the weekend and can take monday,tuesday,wednesday off if neccessary.
The amount of knowledge people have on this site has scared me into thinking I may not do too well.
My class rank is 2/4, there is only 4 people in my class so that does not say much.
Also, any idea where I could find trial papers from previous years?
Also worth mentioning I am only doing one HSC subject this year, for the next week the only subject I have to worry about is IPT

crammy90

HSC
noturningback said:
Well I've gone through every single (01-07) IPT paper, written my answer, checked their answer then made points on how I could have improved the answer. I have only really done proper study for about 3 weeks because I didn't realise that studying from the textbook means very little, you need to relate to the question so I have been looking at the papers for 3 weeks.
My exam is in a week, I have all tommorow, the weekend and can take monday,tuesday,wednesday off if neccessary.
The amount of knowledge people have on this site has scared me into thinking I may not do too well.
My class rank is 2/4, there is only 4 people in my class so that does not say much.
Also, any idea where I could find trial papers from previous years?
Also worth mentioning I am only doing one HSC subject this year, for the next week the only subject I have to worry about is IPT

theres some in the resources section. If all ur class going heaps good in the HSC i think u can all go really good cuz thers not many of u

noturningback

HSC
Well, 2 of us (Including myself) will do relatively ok.
The other 2 will be lucky to get band 3, they know very little and do not care all that much. It's an accelerated course done at TAFE.
Because half the class will get poor results, will that affect me negatively?

crammy90

HSC
i think it means that you and ur other friends marks will be more stubborn to move up your assestment mark if the others get say 50 in externals and they have got 50 in internals
i dont really know about this but

noturningback

HSC
Sorry I didn't quite understand your reply.
Are you saying they will not move my mark up?
Also, will an assessment mark of 75 and a HSC exam mark of 80 get me a decent UAI?
I am interesting in games programming and may go to a uni for that

crammy90

HSC
aha yeh that would be an awsome job
u have to do a year course at hornsby tafe tho aye
i think it basically means if they both got 50 in internals and then get 50 in externals, basically the computer will think your teacher has marked good and so the computer will be less likely to scale your internal mark based on what you get in your externals. You will still get your externals so if u have 70 internals and get 80 externals i think that would give u 75 if those other 2 get their same external marks as they did internals
thats just my understanding i have acquired from reading. i dno how accurate it is
makes logical sense tho

noturningback

HSC
Ah ok yeah I think that is right.
What do you think my chances of getting into a uni to do games programming/design are?
do you you need to get great marks or will above-average do?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)