quick UAI question (1 Viewer)

Benny23118

i cant seem to find it anywhere on the web and was wondering what sort of UAI do you think i'd need to get into these courses 2005:

BA at Sydney Uni
BA at UNSW

thanks

acidicFury

Nobody knows for certain, they can only guess.

The cut offs are determined by the number of places available. They originally set it at 100, then move it down until they fill up x places, which then becomes the cut off.

At a guess, most likely higher than what it was this year (2004), as demand for tertiary study is increasing and places decreasing for HECS.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Remember that although cutoffs normally go up some do go down so if it seems out of reach dont give up on it just keep trying hard.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Aj10001
exactly!

i reckon 87-89
yeah i think that as well. over 90 is crazy, i doubt it would happen this year.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
I dont see that much of a point of doing arts by it self, you might consider combining it with something else, guess you have 1 whole yr to decide, good luck
I reckon 88 for USYD 87 for UNSW

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but arts coudl get you into something else. if it was low enough like in the past, it could be a back up. today's marks don't really allow that to happen though

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
"arts could get u into something else" - iambored (im too lazy to quote properly)

like what?

Generator

HSC
N/A
An arts degree is just as generic as one from the science or business faculties, although too many people believe that an arts degree does not lead to any sort of employment once you have graduated (thinking that there is only one point in studying for a degree and all).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the scary thing is accepting an arts course, then missing out on the transfer and being stuck with the arts course for the next two yrs (not to mention the hecs debt)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
:eek: arthur!! i love arthur!

:shy: anyway, back to the topic...maybe ill re think doing an arts degree...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)