quoting/citing an online book? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As in an eBook? Or something else.

It should usually just be their name, written date, title, online publisher/where its found, page numbers, URL

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just reference it as a regular book. No one has to know that you found it through google.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'd do something like this:

Halley, Robert 1844, 'The Sacraments: An Inquiry Into the Nature of The Symbolic Institutions of the Christain Religion', Jackson & Walford, London

If you want, you can add:
URL: The Sacraments: an inquiry into the ... - Google Books

at the end. However, I wouldn't think it was necessary. I've used books found on google books that are even older, and just written them in as a regular book.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I'd do something like this:

Halley, Robert 1844, 'The Sacraments: An Inquiry Into the Nature of The Symbolic Institutions of the Christain Religion', Jackson & Walford, London

If you want, you can add:
URL: The Sacraments: an inquiry into the ... - Google Books

at the end. However, I wouldn't think it was necessary. I've used books found on google books that are even older, and just written them in as a regular book.
my lecturer has stressed that we shoud be "honest" about where we got our resources. im just scared that questions will be asked as to how i got my hands on a book that was published almost 2 centuries ago.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
my lecturer has stressed that we shoud be "honest" about where we got our resources. im just scared that questions will be asked as to how i got my hands on a book that was published almost 2 centuries ago.
Big libraries usually stock old books. If in down, post the URL along with the reference. But I wouldn't worry. They're more interested in where the reference came from, not how you managed to get a hold of the source.

spence

HSC
I had to do this a few times last year. I found a guide which said you just cite it as a normal book, but add: Google Book Search, and the date

edit: Wikipedia is your friend

Ballard, Joe N. (1998). Horatio Wright. In The History of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. DIANE Publishing. p. 143. ISBN 0-7881-7666-8. Google Book Search. Retrieved on December 23, 2007.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources/example_style#Electronic_equivalents

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
my tute guy said that the marker would have a heart attack if you used a comma instead of a fullstop.
lol. But lest you be the incorrect user of a semi-colon...

spence

HSC
fuck how do you quote from a course reader?
i just did something random today cus i ran out of time :(
I'm pretty sure you do it like an article, and put the course reader instead of the journal name. Or you can just find out where it's actually from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)