Quoting (1 Viewer)

HSC
hello

is basing you're paragraph on one fairly long quote (i.e. 1-2 sentences) better than interjecting small, short quotes each with their own technique/ effect?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
hello

is basing you're paragraph on one fairly long quote (i.e. 1-2 sentences) better than interjecting small, short quotes each with their own technique/ effect?
Not really. You want to be using the strongest examples you can, which mostly likely, won't fall within the same 1-2 lines. Also, quoting that much ruins your paragraph structure.

HSC
Not really. You want to be using the strongest examples you can, which mostly likely, won't fall within the same 1-2 lines. Also, quoting that much ruins your paragraph structure.
i think i will change my structure, but when i did use 1 or so sentences, the technique/ effect stuff were of greater depth

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i think i will change my structure, but when i did use 1 or so sentences, the technique/ effect stuff were of greater depth
Extra context doesn't necessarily making in more in depth. Just pick out the most important parts.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Isn't it better to embed your quotes within your sentences? Like short, effective ones?

HSC
Isn't it better to embed your quotes within your sentences? Like short, effective ones?
well that's what i originally thought, though my english teacher would advocate 1-2 sentence long quotes.

but i've been reading exemplar examples lately, and for every module, short quotes are just interjected throughout, so...

x3Reii

HSC
Definitely short quotes. Try to integrate them and make them flow in your paragraphs. That way it sounds more succinct. Also, don't be afraid to quote one word. It's also much better in exam as you dont have to remember long quotes which usually ends up wrong. Goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)