Qut (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Hi there, I go to QUT. This is my 5th year there, cause i did 3 yrs of Education thinking that i love kids etc, and found out that i cant control them, so I switched over to Nursing.

Cab31

HSC
woohoo! We get our own thread....finally.

Lol I havent really got too much to say.

I go to QUT, i am doing a double degree in Podiatry and Human movement.

rozymisty

HSC
I once went to the Podiatry clinic at uni and they kinda stuffed up the toenail which isnt that good but hey they were only learning.

What year are you in?

Nursing is quite good. Though we're being mucked around a bit with our clinical placements, we have about 300 students competeing for 150 places....doesnt go pples!!!! I wish though that i had found out that Victorian uni's have midwifery cause thats what i ultimately want to become. I could have transferred to Latrobe's nursing/midwifery degree for this year but since stupid Coles cut my hours i didnt have any mulaah to move down.....

What do you guys think about the Guild? I reckon its hipocritical they are about making uni more affordable etc, and then on the rare bbqs etc we have to pay for it! I mean come on we pay a lot of money for what.....a diary and maybe a jumping castle (wow how old are we?????? i didnt think pre schoolers went to uni....) and fairy floss.
There are ablsolutely no clubs!! Look at UQ-they have bloody heaps!!!

Cab31

HSC
Yeah totally agree about the guild. Its dodgy as!!! lol! And now we have that shit food at uni on top of everything else!! Totally dodgy!

I am in 2nd year so it couldnt have been me that stuffed your toes!! I start seeing patients in 2 weeks!! You'll have to come back in and see me!! lol! Yeah i think that they re starting midwifery at UTS as well - so that may be an option for you one day! Funny that la trobe is like one of the only other uni's that does podiatry. Except their course is way less biomechanical and more clinical - which wouldnt have suited me!

positive

HSC
lol you guys sure can spiff up an empty topic even tho I have no idea what you guys are on about! Except for the guild part ... yeah i hate them! O-week was crap here!!!!!!

I use exclamation mark too much. =(

rozymisty

HSC
Nah it was like um 2004 or so that i got it done.

I think the chips at GP have improved-the seasoning is so much yummier. But hte servings of the large size are stingy!!!

The library so needs to update its books, especially when lecturers etc are telling us that we need references that are within the past 5 years, and most of the stuff is like from the 80s and 70s (even worse!!) With nursing at least they have more newer books than in education....

Jaydels

HSC
Hi i'm at uni of wollongong in nsw at the moment...possibly moving to queensland by the end of the year so i'm looking at comimg to qut (bachelor of engineering - medical). what's the uni like?

rev-ise

HSC
Same here, possibly going to QLD, looking at QUT, what is it like in Ipswich? Nice Uni, in the Business area?

laurenxoxo

HSC
Ipswich is an absolute hole. Hot, humid, crime and bogans.

w2dot

HSC
Probably the only uni in aus with wii, ps2, xbox and apparently 360 and ps3 + a few games

rozymisty

HSC
ha ipswich has a Uni of Qld campus...not to be confused with Qld uni of technolog..though for some stuffed up reason, UQ is often called Qld uni which confuses people so much.

hehe yes coz of the creative industries, we do have games facilities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)