Radiography with previous tertiary record? (1 Viewer)

jivemonkey

HSC
I'm currently in my third year of science at usyd and I've become pretty dissatisfied with my degree and job prospects. Is there anyone here with a previous tertiary record/degree who got into radiography (or any of the radiation sciences)? What did you have to do? I know about the questionnaire, but is there anything else?

Also, I usually get C or D marks but I do have a fail in diff equations and did pretty poorly in molecular bio. How will those two marks affect my chances? I can see radiography's gotten more popular since I completed my HSC. Cut off was about... 81 then... :eek:

Skeeta

HSC
If your degree is only three years long, have you considered finishing it, and then doing a masters degree? Its more expensive, but that way you spend less time at uni (if its a 3 year course you're doing now) - and end up with two degrees.

nik_noodle

HSC
Too late for this year, and FHS does not have mid year intakes, so you can't do anything until the end of the year anyway.

ReApply through UAC. You're UAI won't be taken into account because you did it so long ago, so it should be based on your academic record, and the questionairrre (available here: http://www.fhs.usyd.edu.au/future_students/undergrad/howapply.shtml#quest )

Application information is available here: http://www.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/apply/sc_application.shtml

Can't say how the marks will affect your chances. Will depend on the popularity of the course and the marks of all the other non yr 12 students.
Talk to the admissions office if you have anymore queries.

jivemonkey

HSC
Skeeta said:
If your degree is only three years long, have you considered finishing it, and then doing a masters degree? Its more expensive, but that way you spend less time at uni (if its a 3 year course you're doing now) - and end up with two degrees.
I did think about it, but the masters degree by coursework doesn't lead to accreditation as a practicing radiographer. I was planning on finishing this degree and then going for a radiography degree. Though there's a new graduate entry masters which does lead to accreditation... it's full-fee payers only though, so I guess I'll have to fall back on to FEE-HELP to pay part of the tuition fee...

Skeeta

HSC
I thought all masters degree's were full fee?

jivemonkey

HSC
Yeah, they are. I was comparing the masters of radiation science to the bachelors :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)