Ramadan 1428 (1 Viewer)

beentherdunthat

HSC
Pork prohibited in the Bible
Leviticus 11,7-8 <O:p
· And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you (KJV.)
<O:p
· Deuteronomy 14,8And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass (KJV.) <O:p

aLIS

HSC
^ Indeed! Well backed up. notice the part "he is unclean to you"; if something is "unclean" it would be 'harmful' to the body which is what Hakz meant.

wuddie said:
to all my muslim brothers out there, i honestly envy your bravery and determination. there is no way on earth i can go without water or food for anything more than 4 hours, no way. hence, you have my utmost respect in that regard.

although i did do the 40hour famine a couple of years, and it was hell.
...and sisters :D
Truly thats a notable aspect, once again showing the degree of self-control many muslims out there have, because of their sheer determination to obied by their religion and please their Lord, Allah (swt).
When some muslims are approached and asked regarding their endurance, many reply "Allah helps me or Allah gives me patience". And that in itself is unexplainable, as you have to be in that position to feel how much unexpected patience you truly feel. :)

subhan allah

beentherdunthat

HSC
aLIS said:
^ Indeed! Well backed up. notice the part "he is unclean to you"; if something is "unclean" it would be 'harmful' to the body which is what Hakz meant.
That was merely a statement of the obvious, where people are ignorant.

In a more scientific aspect;

'Medical science finds that there may be a high risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases. Uncooked or untreated, the meat may contain harmful toxins, worms and latent diseases

The pig is the carrier of various helminths, like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous and common is Taenia solium, a type of tapeworm. Tapeworms may transplant to human intestines as well by consuming untreated or uncooked meat from pigs or other animals. Many of these parasites, including the notorious trichina worms that causes trichinosis, are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs. '

Even if these medical issues did not exist in relation with the pig. Muslims will still not eat pig, as it is forbidden in the Qur'an. The Qur'an is what we put into practise. We do not make up our own rules. This is why it is called Religion. Fools. That is all.

aLIS

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
That was merely a statement of the obvious, where people are ignorant.
In a more scientific aspect;

'Medical science finds that there may be a high risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases. Uncooked or untreated, the meat may contain harmful toxins, worms and latent diseases

The pig is the carrier of various helminths, like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous and common is Taenia solium, a type of tapeworm. Tapeworms may transplant to human intestines as well by consuming untreated or uncooked meat from pigs or other animals. Many of these parasites, including the notorious trichina worms that causes trichinosis, are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs. '

Even if these medical issues did not exist in relation with the pig. Muslims will still not eat pig, as it is forbidden in the Qur'an. The Qur'an is what we put into practise. We do not make up our own rules. This is why it is called Religion. Fools. That is all.
even better :)
This shows the divinity and unquestionable truth of the Quran. Whom, other than the Divine, would have known these facts 1400 years ago when medical science was not yet advanced?
b) that the flesh tastes very similar to human flesh.
ew yuk.
Yet some people still eat it?

subhan allah

Last edited:

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
Pork prohibited in the Bible
Leviticus 11,7-8 <O:p
· And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you (KJV.)
<O:p
· Deuteronomy 14,8And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass (KJV.) <O:p
HAY GUYZ LET'S BACK UP OUR UNFOUNDED RELIGIOUS TEXT WITH...

ANOTHER religious text...

shit you've convinced me.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Dude I'd seriously have to disagree with that or ask for you to provide evidence. As far as I was aware the problems with pork were caused by a) the fact that it has cloven hooves and thus was considered satanic and b) that the flesh tastes very similar to human flesh.

Were there are serious trend between the consumption of pork and negative health affects, I assure you the sale of pork would be severely limited.

At least to the degree that you appear to be implying.

That said again, don't eat pork, that's your right, damn it. It's your belief, so I'd stick to it.

I really hate mushrooms, no one's going to force me to eat them.
Well pork is CHEAP thats why people buy it. Another thing about health issues, do you think that eating a animal that eats its own STOOLS is healthy? please tell me?

Again i say that it is proven to be harmful, so dont just think Islam denies pork just by word, there is a logical explaination and after knowing that fact i wouldnt want to even touch it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
Maybe i follow my religion because it expresses my personality, what can you say about that? My religion suits my personality and characteristics and i truly believe in it correctness. I really dont know what you mean by doing other things which i cant due to my religion. I seriously dont know? are you talkign about pork? thats the only thing i can think of. Can i tell u that pork is not allowed in my religion but it wasnt just plainly said it was denied. Pork has a lot harmful things which affect your health and this was proven by the kuran and today by non believing scientist. That is just one of many many examples of why we dont do certain things.

Im very happy the way i am.
I'm sure your religion does express your personality, what does that prove?
This is not about alcohol, drugs or pork. Everything you do and everything you think is influenced by your religion.

You don't eat pork because the Kuran tells you not to but you justify it by saying that non believing scientists have proven it to be harmful..... What about all the other things that are harmful? I will bet you anything that you eat things that have harmful things in them all the time. You are not concerned with health you are doing what you are told by your religion.

Religion is not a choice, it is a need. People need religion because they are too weak to be in control of their own lives and are too scared of death to accept that there is no afterlife. They are so weak and scared that they completely ignore reason and logic in order to continue following their religion.

I am sure you are happy and I never said you weren't.

aLIS

HSC
Religion is not a choice, it is a need. People need religion because they are too weak to be in control of their own lives and are too scared of death to accept that there is no afterlife. They are so weak and scared that they completely ignore reason and logic in order to continue following their religion.
Well you hit the nail on the head there! Indeed religion is a need not a choice and i acknowledge that. Morever i acknowledge my weakness every single day, and when hardship arises my weakness is further confirmed. I (and all other humans) am nothing and completely insignificant in relation to the size and magnificance of this world and rest of the creation/universe. Knowing that earth itself is smaller than a speck of sand compared to the rest of the universe and that the milky way as HUGE and incomprehandable as it may be is only 1 galaxy out of the billions out there. And witness the transcience of human nature - Totally makes me submit and surrender to Allah (god) and makes weary of His power. HENCE i do NOT ignore reason and logic.

Click and see this link, it clearly shows in perspective what i tried explaining above:
http://www.quranjam.com/jam/Comments.aspx?chapNum=40&verseNum=57

The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. [Holy Quran - Al-Mumin 40:57]

ps. for those interested here is a video further elaborating on what ive said:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1WFFrEWcZ58

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
LOOK anyone that has nothing useful or has no respect to our beliefs PLEASE do not complain here. If you believe your arguments are very well organised then please go and discuss with either our imams or as you know it priests. They will most definately have all the answers to your questions.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Ennaybur said:
HAY GUYZ LET'S BACK UP OUR UNFOUNDED RELIGIOUS TEXT WITH...

ANOTHER religious text...

shit you've convinced me.
Hmmm... I CLEARLY said that this was a statement of the obvious, NOT a rebuttle. *sigh* Read posts properly please.

EDIT: I don't need to 'convince' anyone of anything. The least you.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
aLIS said:
Well you hit the nail on the head there! Indeed religion is a need not a choice and i acknowledge that. Morever i acknowledge my weakness every single day, and when hardship arises my weakness is further confirmed. I (and all other humans) am nothing and completely insignificant in relation to the size and magnificance of this world and rest of the creation/universe. Knowing that earth itself is smaller than a speck of sand compared to the rest of the universe and that the milky way as HUGE and incomprehandable as it may be is only 1 galaxy out of the billions out there. And witness the transcience of human nature - Totally makes me submit and surrender to Allah (god) and makes weary of His power. HENCE i do NOT ignore reason and logic.
So... if you don't choose your religion then you aren't in control, you are controlled by god (thus you are controlled by your religion since that it what connects you to god) which is what I have been saying the entire time.

The universe is huge therefore god must exist.... that is not ignoring logic at all.

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
I seem to be seeing the same old ideas and arguements going around bos alot lately.

Why is it that we cannot accept that everyone is different? that everyone has their own beliefs and reasons for their way of thinking?

Do we believe that by arguing and criticising others we will somehow change them? A believer will not easily begin to disbelieve. Similarly atheists/agnostics will not suddenly adopt a religion.

It does not happen.

Why then do we continue these endless and meaningless arguements?

I think the key instead is to understand each person is individual with some justification for the way that they are, and it is these differences and diversity that makes our world such an interesting place. We can learn so much from each other!

:)

aLIS

HSC
^ cute n true. Some discussions/debates are beneficial and you're able to learn from them. But this one doesnt seem to go anywhere.

So... if you don't choose your religion then you aren't in control, you are controlled by god (thus you are controlled by your religion since that it what connects you to god) which is what I have been saying the entire time.
Lekk omg *patience is a virtue* mate your going in circles!

Quote myself: Indeed religion is a need not a choice and i acknowledge that

Read it again, i mean i CHOOSE my religion and acknowleddge it is a NEED to carefully choose a religion.
Man this debate has no benefit what so ever; forget it I WIN

back to RAMADAN

So far 5 days have passed; which means half the days of mercy. Since ramadan is divided into 3 parts:
- 1st 10 days = days of mercy
- 2nd 10 days = days of forgiveness
- 3rd 10 days = days of protection from hell-fire

Tc y'all and keep the questions comng

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
aLIS said:
Man this debate has no benefit what so ever; forget it I WIN
Just admit that god is in control of your life (and therefore religion is in control of your life) and not yourself and that will be the end of it.

Gosford

HSC
ramadan kareem to all borthers and sisters
5 days gone already, WOW!
going quicker this year due to probs concentrating on HSC

leb gal

addicted 2 u
HSC
jus greetin all the muslims out there ramadan kareem may allah help us through the tough road towards the HSC.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Schroedinger said:
What do kareem and mubarak mean?

Oh and "wassalam alaikum TC", just interested.
lmao.
Ok.
Wassalam alaikum is a response to assalm alaikum ( May gods blessings be upon you)- so it actually means And you too (see there's just a w difference ;) )

Kareem- Generous
Mubarak- Blessed. ;)

I refuse to teach you any arabic swear words.

Bribery works. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)