Random facts about your stories. (1 Viewer)

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
1. What's the title of your story? Precipicide

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Lieutenant Jonathan Evans

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Guy

4. What is one setting/location? St. Aloysius War Hospital

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? war novel

6. Whats the time period? 1917

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): no/no/no/no/no....but i think i might now that you mention it

ixswans

HSC
1. What's the title of your story? (Still Thinking)
2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Annie
3. Is/are they guys/girls? Girl.
4. What is one setting/location? Knowsley, England to Passchendaele, Belgium.
5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? Something morbid.
6. What's the time period? early 21st Century - WW1
7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre. nope.
8. Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? it varies as the characters become more/less self aware or illusioned/disillusioned.
9. What is the general tone of your story? morbid.
10. Over how many years does your story span? 3/4.
11. How many characters die? One.
12. What was the previous name for your story? Shot at Dawn.. so weeeird.
13. How many main characters have you utilised? 2
14. How many sub characters have you utilised? 3
15. What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? the handsome poplars
16. Does your story take place in both night and day? yes, although I've left it vague there to show the lack of distinction in your personal hell.
17. Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid? no.
18. Have you used any of THESE SIX following words in your story: huddle, ice,
reluctant, murky, delighted, dangling?
Nope.
19. Weirdest phrase in your story? When he's so delusional he thinks the corpse rat nibbling on his elbow is his daughter.
20. How many exclamation marks? One or two, maybe.

Last edited:

Allisonius

HSC
1. The game of cat and mouse.

2. Katherine (Kat... hahahaha bad pun)

3. Female

4. A penthouse over looking the harbour, sydney

5. Thriller/Crime fiction

6. Heh. Now?

7. Nope. Though I wish I had.

thefergmister

HSC
1. What's the title of your story? A 9 minute swim with a dolphin
2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Leander
3. Is/are they guys/girls? Guy
4. What is one setting/location? 3 feet under the sea
5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? Pychological drama
6. What's the time period? 9 minutes
7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre- yes, no, no, yes, yes
8. Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? 1st
9. What is the general tone of your story? reflective and ironic
10. Over how many years does your story span? N/A
11. How many characters die? 1 and a memory
12. What was the previous name for your story? PLOP
13. How many main characters have you utilised? 1
14. How many sub characters have you utilised? 4 that are suggested and mentioned through "thoughts"
15. What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? a gold fish
16. Does your story take place in both night and day? no
17. Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid? Yeees to all
18. Have you used any of THESE SIX following words in your story: huddle, ice, reluctant, murky, delighted, dangling? no
19. Weirdest phrase in your story? Wait that’s a bird. A bird eating the fish feeding on my blood.
20. How many exclamation marks? 36

kurissyma

HSC
1. What's the title of your story?
"Terpsichorean Dances" - subject to revision. I meant "Terpsichorean" as in, relating to "Terpsichore" (the Greek dance muse) but apparently some asshat decided to making "Terpsichorean" in a modern context mean "of, or relating to, dance" so my title can be read as "Dances relating to dance" which is a little... not the point :p

2. What's the name of one of the main characters?
Sophie

3.Is/are they guys/girls?
Female

4. What is one setting/location?
Lesbos (an island in Greece)

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick?
I'm not sure... my story is a bit unique :p

6. Whats the time period?
Modern day, but it references a lot of Greek myths

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre.
Nope :}

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. What's the title of your story?
"Terpsichorean Dances" - subject to revision. I meant "Terpsichorean" as in, relating to "Terpsichore" (the Greek dance muse) but apparently some asshat decided to making "Terpsichorean" in a modern context mean "of, or relating to, dance" so my title can be read as "Dances relating to dance" which is a little... not the point :p

Sophie

3.Is/are they guys/girls?
Female

4. What is one setting/location?
Lesbos (an island in Greece)

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick?
I'm not sure... my story is a bit unique :p

6. Whats the time period?
Modern day, but it references a lot of Greek myths

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre.
Nope :}
Your main character is named Sophie? Mine was too!

---

1. What's the title of your story? Jeopardy!

Sophie Meredith-Robbins

3.Is/are they guys/girls? I outlined this specifically in the story, Sophie Meredith-Robbins is "certainly and undeniably, female".

4. What is one setting/location? Sophie's house!

Metafiction. For anyone who's read my story... you'll know this is the best/worst question because you know the genres my story encompasses!

6. Whats the time period? The day of the broadcast of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest Final here in Australia.

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre. Stoic, yes. The others... no.

Last edited:

Clarky13

HSC
1. What's the title of your story? A Brief History of Harwich

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Benjamin

3. Is/are they guys/girls? Guy

4. What is one setting/location? Harwich, Essex

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? Tragedy

6. Whats the time period? 1940, 1953, 1962, 1991

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre. I did actually. I used brazenness.

Draik

HSC
1. Title. Sententia. Until about 1am this morning it was Others, but that was really just the working title.

2. Character Name. Raven.

3. Guys? Girls? There are 5 characters whose names are mentioned, two of them are girls and the other three are guys.

4. Setting. An art gallery.

5. Genre. Speculative fiction / alternate history.

6. Time period. No specific time period is referenced in it, as that's one of the points of the story, but when writing it I pictured it as being modern-day. It spans 2 days.

7. Random words. Eh, none of them. Eek.

Plus I'll do the second set for shits and gigs.

1) First, second or third?
The majority it written in first, but there is a prologue and epilogue written in third.

2. Tone. Ah, I'm not really sure. It's not exactly a bounding-for-joy happy piece, but it's not deep and dark and gothic either. It's a little reflective, but the main word I can describe it with is liberating. Although that makes me sound pretentious. :uhoh:

3) Story span. How many years? About 1/180th of a year. The main piece spans two days, but the prologue/epilogue happens an unspecific number of years later. Between 20 and 30.

4) Dead characters. Nobody really.

5) Previous name. 'Others'. It was really an awful name. I much prefer my new one.

6) Utilisation of main characters. There's only one real 'main' character, but there are 4 people who appear a few times.

7) Sub characters.
There are 2 named sub characters, but 5 or 6 unnamed ones.

8) First named plant/animal. Plant would be, ivy? Animal was raven. I think.

9) Night and day? There's 4 daytime scenes and 2 nighttimes ones.

10) More random words. AH! None of those either.:eek:

Vidhya

HSC
1. Title. Compass

2. Character Name. Edouard Manet

3. Guys? Girls? Mainly a man and a girl

4. Setting. The Folies Bergere bar in Paris

5. Genre. Alternate history, bit of crime fiction

6. Time period. 1882, although it's not mentioned in the story, that was when Edouard Manet created a specific painting which links to my story.

7. Random words. None

1) First, second or third? First

2. Tone. Not dark, but a little melancholy and at times, deliriously positive

3) Story span. two weeks or something, i actually don't know myself hah

4) Dead characters. One

5) Previous name. Didn't have one, just made the current name the night before it was due.

6) Utilisation of main characters. Two main characters

7) Sub characters. A few, named and un-named

8) First named plant/animal. Plant was geraniums

9) Night and day? Hmm both I think

10) More random words. None

I feel a bit late doing this, but nonetheless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)