Rank-hsc Mark (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
hey guys, alot of my friends tell me that if you a ranked first in a subject then in the hsc you take the highest mark from ur class. Is that true?

thanx

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you are ranked first in your subject at school, you will take the highest exam mark from your school cohort in that subject as your HSC assessment mark. Your HSC exam mark, which is what you got in the exam (after alignment), stays the same regardless of your rank in the subject.

spangacrab

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
If you are ranked first in your subject at school, you will take the highest exam mark from your school cohort in that subject as your HSC assessment mark. Your HSC exam mark, which is what you got in the exam (after alignment), stays the same regardless of your rank in the subject.

Aww fuck. I thought that Rank still factored into the HSC exam.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
spangacrab said:
Aww fuck. I thought that Rank still factored into the HSC exam.
You get the average of your exam mark and your internal mark, so it does have a fair bit of an effect on your final mark.

Extreme example - you're ranked first but you get 70 for your exam. Top mark from your school is 98. You end up with an overall mark of 84 - up 14 from your exam.

spangacrab

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
You get the average of your exam mark and your internal mark, so it does have a fair bit of an effect on your final mark.

Extreme example - you're ranked first but you get 70 for your exam. Top mark from your school is 98. You end up with an overall mark of 84 - up 14 from your exam.
Cheers fishy.
At the moment I look to be getting roughly 40-50% in maths 2 unit exam on monday but average about 70% assessment.
Ranked 9/20 which includes Extension people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)