• Moderate

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Easy

Votes: 37 41.1%

• Total voters

whitng

HSC
djbettridge said:
Lol dont think your that bad i can imagine the people that are on this site are here to brag anyway lol half my class walked out we had a whole 6 sit the exam :p but the rest of us sed it was ok ... could of been worse, alot worse. then again on here were not going to get the opinion of the lower half of the people who did the exam..
I agree, anyone who is on this site cares enough to actually come to this site meaning they probably don't do too bad or study alot. In either case they are the people who would have known their stuff to do yesterdays exam. I know for a fact that everyone in my class who just played games all year would not have gone too well.

EraserDust

HSC
adgala said:
for the hardware topic, part b ii, could you only use the OR/NOT/AND Gates because i used a XOR gate for sensors b and c and then used that output along with sensor a (in an and gate).
I though it only needed an OR gate and an AND gate, since it didn't specify for eXclusively OR. But don't worry about it, I could very well be wrong.

Also I'm sure hotcocoa is right, a context diagram shows the system and external entities. Basically it is an incredibly simplified dataflow diagram.

Last edited:

Xachro

HSC
whitng: All my class played games all year, so did last years yr 12 HSC etc...
Doesnt mean we suck :p You need to learn to relax a bit :D

A context diagram is dataflow diagram but with only ONE process and NO data store. IPT + SDD helps so much, cause you learn half the stuff twice.

whitng

HSC
Xachro said:
whitng: All my class played games all year, so did last years yr 12 HSC etc...
Doesnt mean we suck :p You need to learn to relax a bit :D
Hehe, i played games too and i don't think i suck either. I just know if you don't do the work then you can't get all that suff right. Not that big an assumption to make.

creelman88

HSC
Jcil

Yeah, all in all pretty easy....though I didnt really get the algorithm for "PRocessAuthorisation"....confused the f*** outta me, but anywho...

Those last few weeks after the trials were sweet....Q3 DM all day long...
though half my class will fail like they usually do.

ridewitme

http://bakakage.net
HSC
Re: Jcil

creelman88 said:
Yeah, all in all pretty easy....though I didnt really get the algorithm for "PRocessAuthorisation"....confused the f*** outta me, but anywho...

Those last few weeks after the trials were sweet....Q3 DM all day long...
though half my class will fail like they usually do.
The algorithm wanted something along the lines of a request being sent to the bank, and something like an IF THEN ELSE statement where the details were being checked and a particular message was sent back to the system depending if the details were valid or not. The question just screamed IPT, it's like they gave us the IPT paper.

creelman88

HSC

I guessed it was something like that but I probably stuffed it really bad... :(
Yeah..it was pretty much IPT, maybe the IPT exam will be like SDD

dunno04

HSC

i can't answer the improvement of the software to prevent plagiarising..
I bs my way..
Like.....
trace the date

It is hard....SOme question

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
The test wasn't too bad....
If you had studied your book and knew what you were talking about the test was an easy 85

WaTTsY

HSC
easiest exam ever, wouldve bin bettr if i knew they were gonna give us the flowchart symbols in the test, instead of rushin to an officeworks the nite before and wastin my dosh on a template...still, we had 10 doin the exam, and 5 of us walkd out just afta 4pm.

Mozric

HSC
Easy exam, really. There wasn't really any 6 mark questions, and the 5 mark ones were algorithms!

But... bloody context diagram!
I spend all my time remembering the stupid symbols for the bleeding system flow chart, then they go and give me them! And I don't know what to do for the context diagram! Argh!

Other than that, it was all cool. I liked the Evolution of Programming Languages question, nothing too bastardly.

dunno04

HSC
thank god theres no 6 marks..
Or else i am gone....
lol

stbrob

HSC
Was easy and just the right length, i had finnished and checked all my answers 5 min. before the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)